Louver doors

I have three or four louver doors to change out. All that's holding me off is staining and finishing. These are interior doors and frankly the thought of doing the louvers is intimidating. Are there any easy ways to do this other than building them myself and finishing the damned things before I assemble them? All advise greatly appreciated. Tom

staining. Unless you can spray the stain it is going to be difficult to get into all the cracks an crevices. I would consider like you said, building and staining before assembly. Varnishing would be easier than staining and more like painting, still a messy job. Start at the top and work your way down and work as quickly as you can so that you can address the drips on the back side before they start to cure.

I've had my best results with a conditioner applied, then a light sanding, stain, and wipe-on poly (2-3 coats). The wipe-on helps prevent runs. The conditioner evens out the stain.
Jim
Thanks guys , I'll have to think on this one, the alternatives suck. Tom