looking for router bit

I could have sworn I've seen this bit but I can NOT find it in any of the catalogues. Basically it's an edge treatment for a cabinet door that rounds over the top edge while cutting a 3/8x3/8 rabbetted lip on the underside.
I know I can do it in two passes with a roundover and a rabbett bit but I'm positive I've seen it in one.
Of course, I've been positively wrong before--- :)
Thanx!
Vic
--
There are 10 kinds of people - those who understand binary and those who
don't
Vic Baron (in ZzHdh.10075$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr27.news.prodigy.net) said:
| I could have sworn I've seen this bit but I can NOT find it in any | of the catalogues. Basically it's an edge treatment for a cabinet | door that rounds over the top edge while cutting a 3/8x3/8 | rabbetted lip on the underside. | | I know I can do it in two passes with a roundover and a rabbett bit | but I'm positive I've seen it in one. | | Of course, I've been positively wrong before--- :)
Try www.mlcswoodworking.com for a cabinet door lip bit -- Morris Dovey DeSoto Solar DeSoto, Iowa USA http://www.iedu.com/DeSoto
Vic Baron wrote:

It seems like you could do it by using a rail & stile bit, but place the bearing BETWEEN the roundover and the slot cutter. It would be another variation of the configuration used to make glass-panelled doors. Scroll to the bottom of this page. http://www.routerbits.com/cgi-routerbits/sr.cgi?1165445843_13842+81
DonkeyHody "Life is good. I woke up on the right side of the grass again this morning."
Vic Baron wrote:

(Amazon.com product link shortened)65446715/ref=sr_1_14/102-0505405-7176907?ie=UTF8&s=hi
(Amazon.com product link shortened)65446715/ref=sr_1_7/102-0505405-7176907?ie=UTF8&s=hi
(Amazon.com product link shortened)65446972/ref=sr_1_41/102-0505405-7176907?ie=UTF8&s=hi
Also it is a common profile for molding head in table saw
Bob
the problem with these types of bits is there is no room for error. the wood has to be exactly the same thickness in every piece. any slipup in running the piece and you will gouge one side or the other.
Steve knight wrote:

Why would the wood need to be the same thickness from piece to piece? For different thicknesses you adjust your cutter depth appropriately.
As for slipups causing gouging, isn't that the case with *any* bit that cuts on two sides? Rail/style, tounge/groove, bullnose, etc.
Chris
Vic Baron wrote:

Try a "Google" search for "door edge router bit". Here's one link:
http://www.homedepot.com/prel80/HDUS/EN_US/diy_main/pg_diy.jsp?prod_id0324613&cm_mmc=1hd.com2froogle-_-product_feed-_-D25X-_-100324613
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

Duh! Now, I'm embarrassed! Considering the amount of time I spend on Google and Amazon, I should have found them.
It's hell to get old! :)
Thanx - they're all what I want!
Vic
99-001 from Freud....
http://www.freudtools.com/woodworkers/rep/router_bits/Router_Bits/Door_Lip/html/Door_Lip_1.html
Knowing the name is the hard part... Door Lip bit
Get or steal a full Freud catalog from somebody, including Freud... oops .... wait one...
Go here and download the damn thing...
http://www.freudtools.com/woodworkers/catalogs/catalogs.shtml