Looking for new ear plug product

I was reading one of my recent woodworking magazines and there was an advertisement for a new earplug ... basically, it looked like rods with ear plugs at the end. The idea is that the noise 'funnels' into a hollow chamber (in the rods) and is absorbed. They're supposed to be very comfortable, at least more so than the usual ear plugs you see around.
Now I can't find the ad! Darn it!
Does anyone know what this product is? Something like "sensear" or whatever?
Jack
hey - if you want a comfortable plug then you should find someone to make some custom plugs! Its sort of a weird process. First they clean your ears with alcohol, you then tilt you head to one side and the mix up this goo, sort of like plasticised playdoh, and stuff it in your ear. They shape it so it looks decent and then press in a little plastic piece that is later used for attaching a keeper string. Tilt you head the other way and repeat the process. Lots of color choices or they can match your flesh tone as well. Mixes of colors are possible too (Think camo) or you can get bright colors. Mine are blue. I don't know why I picked it.
Anyway - I do not know where you can get this done. It is used primarily by competitive shooters. I got mine made while doing some volunteer work for the NRA at Camp Perry for the national High Power rifle matches a few years ago. There was more than one vendor doing this.
The cost was about $20 IIRC.
Here is a page that google turned up http://www.hacofamerica.com/shotplug.htm
Seems expensive from them. May want to call a large shooting club that does a lot of competition and ask where this can be done at. Or ask an ear doctor.
"mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net" <"mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net"> wrote in message

<snipage> Any hearing aid dispenser or audiologist can make these and other types (hunters or musicians). Tom