Looking for Help...

Not sure how to ask this without it sounding "spammish" so I'll just ask and if you don't like it, please ignore it. I'm a regular lurker here and post from time to time. Those who know me can probably validate my post as being legit if they choose to do so. Regardless, I'm posting this to a total of four forums only. Three public and one private. Here are the public forums:

alt.machines.cnc rec.crafts.metalworking rec.woodworking

I would like to try and identify new keyword terms for our web sites. The search terms I'm looking for need to contain two to three words that we feel are useable and not already identified by us. A stray four word term might be appropriate too.

I would also like to get measurements from a number of milling and drilling machines so that we can have them on hand if a customer calls with the same machine. If you have an extremely common CNC machine that would not differ from customer to customer, we may consider that useful as well.

What I'm offering:

Search terms... We review the list you provide and decide which are good for us. Then you give me an address and I send you a check. Period. Seeing as we have been working on search terms and words for a few years, there is a good chance that most of what people identify will be covered by us already... But if you give me something that we can use, you get $20 per search term. We have three products that this will apply to. If you contact me, I'll tell you more.

Drilling and other machines... You give me a list of the machines you have in your shop, I will reply back with which ones I would like measured and what I need. I'll provide a drawing or two via fax or e-mail so that you know what to look for. You walk over with a micrometer and a caliper and write stuff down. You reply back and I send you a check. $25 per drill press or other machine identified and measured.

You can e-mail me privately (the return address here works) or you can call me.

Regards, Joe Agro, Jr. (800) 871-5022 (908) 542-0244 Automatic / Pneumatic Drills:

Spindle Drills:

Joe AutoDrill

Joe, I have an old Atlas bench-top drill press, maybe of 1950-60's vintage. Very heavy, 3/4" Jacobs chuck, 4 1/4+" spindle travel. Motor may not be original - not sure. I don't know the model number offhand, but I could get you more info once I get home. Are you interested in measurements? Andy

Reply to
Andy

Thanks for offering it. If it were a floor model and not a bench top, then it would probably be good. However, I think it is too "short" for use with our product in many cases. Our attachments add 6" to the length in many cases.

I should have said floor model and/or currently producted models, but I'm considering them all at this point. It's ultimately cheaper than spending an hour on the phone with a customer who doesn't know what a caliper or micrometer are. :)

Regards, Joe Agro, Jr. (800) 871-5022 (908) 542-0244 Automatic / Pneumatic Drills:

Spindle Drills:

Joe AutoDrill

I have a shop-fox oscillating drill press. While it is a bench-top model, it is a very large bench-top model. I have it on a short cart to make it floor model height. There would seem to be plenty of room to add one of your products with the table lowered.

If I could justify the cost, once my brother-in-law and I refine our camp stove we are making, I would order a multi-hole unit myself.

It can be seen here:

Jeff

picture... This is a drill press that has a chuch that has significant runout on purpose for use in sanding or ... well... I'm not sure what.

Can this be used to drill a nice clean hole with a 1/4" drill bit and the hole is round and 1/4" in diameter? If so, what is the oscillation mentioned???

This is a new one for me... Might be useful though. We have a few Grizzley models cataloged now and it is very helpful... II'm not sure if this would ever be a good one for us, but I'm willing to learn if it is or not.

Reply to
Joe AutoDrill

Nah, it just moves the quill up and down. Some woodworkers use a sanding drum on the drill press if they can't justify the cost/space of a dedicated spindle sander. It works better if the drum is oscillating though. So it's a perfectly normal drill press until you engage that feature.

The dimensions on my lil Ryobi are Not enough x Not even close x You've got to be kidding me. Where's my check? ;)

-Leuf

Reply to
Leuf

As the other poster mentioned, it is a normal drill press until you put a third belt on (from the front pulley to a smaller pulley between the front two main pulleys). Then the quill moves up and down, 3/4 of an inch in travel i think.

It seems to drill a nice hole to me. I have put link-belts in it and aligned the table, etc. Makes a nice clean hole in wood and drills well enough to use one of those adjustable circle cutter bits to ream out the bottom of a soda can along the ridge.

Of course, I like tools that are too big for the job at hand, but that is another story.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

You can email me at jeffro109 at yahoo dot com if you are interested. I have a few smaller rules that are fairly precise, mm and inches, and a 6" set of calipers that only read inches.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Ahhh... That makes more sense to me. It does this to make sure the "stuff" you are sanding doesn't clog up the sanding drum as quickly and gives you a better finish, etc.

I don't think the machine is something that folks would normally use for multiple spindle head operations, but... I'll print this thread and put it in the reference book. If I ever get a call for this unit, I'll e-mail you first.

LOL. We do make the units for hand drills... But not very often and usually at 3-10X the price of the hand drill. :)

Regards, Joe Agro, Jr. (800) 871-5022 (908) 542-0244 Automatic / Pneumatic Drills:

Spindle Drills:

Joe AutoDrill

Assuming you are talking about the same model Leuf is, I'll save your e-mail right behind his just in case he is not reachable in the future. I may never get a call for that machine, but if/when I do, at least I know who to go to.

Now... If anyone has floor model machines currently in production by Jet, Delta, etc. I'm salivating for some of those. I can post a list of "highly desirable" models if that helps any...

Reply to
Joe AutoDrill

how about an enco mill-drill?

Reply to
bridgerfafc

Yes. I would like that machine's info assuming it is a full size unit. Can you e-mail me privately at joe AT youthelate DOT com?

I'll reply with a few PDF files showing you the data I need. Alternately, feel free to call me at the number listed below.