Looking for good combination square with Metric system support

Hi All,

I am looking for a recommendation for a good combination square with Metric system support.

Thanks,

Hanoch

Reply to
hanochsh

Hi All,

I am looking for a recommendation for a good combination square with Metric system support.

Thanks,

Hanoch

Reply to
hanochsh

Starrett combination square blades are available in inch, millimeter, and inch/millimeter markings, from 4" to 48".

Juvenal

Hambone Slim

You might baulk when you see the prices but Starrett is well worth the money.

Reply to
Joe Bemier

sells the metric Starrett combination squares.

Mark

Reply to
Mark Wells

The OP might also consider going to the Enco website and look at their offerings. Personally, I think the level of accuracy offered by Starrett is overkill, so I use Mitutoyo. Mitutoyo costs quite a bit less than Starrett and offers accuracy just as good when you consider the nature of woodworking.

Reply to
George Max

Ever actually checked? Mitutoyo is every bit as accurate as Starrett, period.

Reply to
CW

No, I haven't. I don't work in a machine shop and never have. The guys I know who do or did all look down their noses at Mitutoyo has being 2nd rate. What do I know?

Well, What I know is that when I use their (Mitutoyo) instruments they help make tight well fitting projects. My machines are accurately set up with them too. So I'm a happy camper and spent less than if I'd bought Starrett or Browne & Sharpe. I don't know if B&S is still made. It's just a name on some tooling in the tool crib at my employer.

Reply to
George Max

And Ford fans look down their noses at Chevys. I have a number of Mitutoyo micrometers and calipers that are in daily, professional, use. Have been for over twenty years. They just went through the routine calibration check today. In perfect shape. I do own a few Starrett tools too. Never had a problem with them either. Each manufacturer has tools in their line that I wouldn't own (Mitutoyo telescoping gages suck, Starrett dial calipers are rough and don't last) but both make good ones too. Just like any other tool manufacturer, neither Starrett of Mitutoyo do everything right. Yes, Brown and Sharp is still around though their line is rather small and they are no longer American made. Made mostly in Switzerland though and their quality is high. Their dial calipers are made by Etalon and are the finest I have ever used.

Reply to
CW