Looking for Dovetail jig manuals

We spent the day with my Parents today, and woodwork naturally came up in conversation - and I said I was going to try dovetail router joints. My Dad said he had two jigs that I could have. I knew he had one, but not two ..

He could not find the manual for one of them (given a few days, it may surface)

The first one is: Stanley Dovetail Att model 116 A It is 24" long with only one template - the wide one, the narrow one has not been seen for

18 years. There is no manual - which is want I am looking for.

The second one: Craftsman / Sears Roebuck Dovetail attachment, part # 9-2462 It is about 8" long, and says only for 1/2" bit use

I have the one page manual that and original box. It only references making drawers, which makes sense, being a small jig.

The guides on both are fixed, and they are both from the late 1950's

They both look very straight forward to use, and I suspect that they are similar to what is common still.

Thanks in advance.

Matt

Reply to
Matt

I found the manual - (sort of) for the Stanley 116A dovetail jig It is specifically referenced and used as a detailed example in several older 1980 - 1995 router books. It gives all the information that is needed.

It took me just a few minutes to make a small box as set up test. I think my drawers will now all have dovetail joints - it is that easy.

Matt

Reply to
Matt