Locating a parts source on line

Tell me if this is a waste of your time, but here goes:

I wanted to get some parts for a Black and Decker Workmate bench that I got at a farm auction some years ago. I tried many internet searches to find a place that sells the parts on line. No luck. Too many hits OR not really parts dealers for B & D. Finally, I tried again today and here is the google search criteria that got me to the right place:

"Black & Decker replacement parts" (use the quotation marks in the search).

This approach gave me 1350 hits, whereas if I don't use the quotes, I get 494,000 hits. If you already understand this, great. If not, email me and I will explain. I also have a neat little tutorial (on an Excel spreadsheet) that teachea all this and more.

I ended up getting the parts from the first listing on the hit list, ToolPartsDirect.com. but that's bseide the point.

Pete Stanaitis

Reply to
spaco