Light for router

Page 2 of 2

David wrote:

<snip and subsequent gloat>
If you had a 28 year old router like my old Craftsman, you'd already have a light on your router. It was a standard feature on some models. Boggles the mind why some of the best ideas are forgotten and ignored.
Tom in KY, My old Craftsman router is NOT for sale BTW.
: After seeing something recently about adding a small light to a router : (maybe David Marks' show??), I got to thinking about attaching a small : Mag-lite (2-AA cell) light to my PC router. There are two screw holes : available for attaching the edge guide that I could utilize to quickly : attach a holding bracket for the Mag-lite.
: Anyone ever run across an even smaller bright light suitable for such : duty?
Lee Valley sells a clipon LED light, intended for use with their magnifier eyeshade thingie. Small and bright.
    -- Andy Barss.