Lie-Nielsen 10-1/4 jack rabbet - worth it?

My 50th b'day is coming up and I'd like a good present. I had a Stanley jack rabbet once, a pre-lateral one. The sole was too crowned to flatten and I traded it for a jointer, a good trade for my user collection, but I've missed that jack rabbet ever since.

Should I ask SWMBO for the Lie-Nielsen 10-1/4 jack rabbet, or should I try to locate a good used Stanley version. The Stanleys seem to run about half the price of the L-N, but of course, they are used.

Any suggestions?

Reply to
Hitch

The LN is definitely worth it but also have a look at the Record #010 if you can find one. Earlier ones were better made than the Stanley with a better frog and malleable iron bodies which don't crack.

John

Reply to
John Horobin