Leon- arrgh

Our church got hit this past Monday. The perps threw a rock through the office door window, got in, took 3 computers and the school kids' lunch money (not kidding, we don't have a hot lunch program so buy from Dominoes once a week and subs another day in the week). What was disconcerting about this was that the rock thrown probably weighed less than 10 pounds and completely shattered the window (2 foot by 2 1/2 foot hole in thick safety glass), traveled another 10 feet and smashed a hole in the drywall on the opposite wall. That was one powerful throw or thrown by a very drug-crazed addict. The good news was that the two laptops they got off with had no confidential personal information on them and would have brought, if lucky, maybe $20 at a yard sale. The office computer was a desktop, and had only names and addresses, nothing one could not get from a phone book. It may have been worth $50 at a yard sale. Some of that lunch money was in Domino's gift cards that were serialized, hopefully the perps used them for pizza for the big game, local Domino's manager was watching for them to come through.

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

On Sun, 7 Feb 2010 11:16:24 -0600, the infamous "Leon" scrawled the following:

So paint it and don't ever get caught up.

Neighbor installed the epoxy wrong.

-- We don't receive wisdom; we must discover it for ourselves after a journey that no one can take for us or spare us. -- Marcel Proust

Reply to
Larry Jaques

transversally? BTW very nice work.

VP

VirtualPin

Thank you. That was going to be firewood. It is actually spalted live oak. I had limbs trimmed off of an oak tree that had been setting out drying for a couple of years and decided to get it ready to burn by splitting the limb with my BS. Saw the results and saved for a project like this.

Reply to
Leon

I would like the plans if you are willing to send them to me at pinotte23"A commercial"hotmail.com . Replace "A Commercial" by @ if you do. I do not want you to think I flatter you to get the plans if for any reason you do not send them to me but the doors are damn nice looking. The two kind of wood make the doors very nice looking and yes I can read AutoCad files.

VP

VirtualPin

Let me know if I need to try again. You should have e-mail.

Reply to
Leon

Thank you . Damn I am sorry to insist but the doors.....

VP

VirtualPin

You are welcome. I just looked at the plans and realized that the door details are lacking. If you need those I will be glad to send a set for those. I build lots and lots of doors and don't need any thing but the over all dimensions any more.

I can send those in Sketchup and or PDF, 3D

Reply to
Leon

Ok send them to me both in PDF and 3D since details would be a plus. The face's doors measurement are fine to me and I lack experience in this kind of stuff. So what is the name of the hardware buttons to hold the necklaces, what is the kind of fabric inside the drawers.... satin or velvet?

Thank you

PS; I saved the pictures of your work for reference and the company's one which are selling them for $2,500 or about. MOUHAHAHAHAHA!!!. You must be proud do you? Hey, I hate you!!

VP

VirtualPin

I received them, thank again. Both PDF and Sketchup files are well detailed. One last question if you still follow this link. What about the drawer's tracks. I once made tiny rail track 3/16 X 3/16 in hard wood and I could not use screws so I had to pre hole them then use small nails. I am curious what kind of material is used for the rails track in the jewel box.

VP

VirtualPin

----- Original Message ----- From: "VirtualPin" Newsgroups: rec.woodworking Sent: Wednesday, February 17, 2010 4:36 PM Subject: Re: Leon- arrgh

Ok, If you noticed, the sides of the chests have dado's. Some of those dados are for the dividers, most of the smaller ones are to receive the drawer slide runners. I don't recall the exact dimensions so take my mentioning of measurements as a rule of thumb. The drawings are accurate, my dimensions on this answer are probably not.

Anyway the chest sides with the dados are cut all at the same time, both sides about 1/4" deep. This insures that the dado's are aligned precisely from one side to the other. Cut the dado for both of all four for the upper drawers, adjust the fence make the next and so on.

Once all the drawer slide dados are cut I added a another piece of maple to the fronts sides of the cabinet sides and center support. This essentially made the chest about 1" deeper but more importantly made the dado's to appear as stopped dados.

Then I glued in 1/2" slides forward up against the back of the 1" piece that was added to act as a stop for the dado. for the drawers to hang on. Basically half the slide went in the dado and half was exposed.

I used the same material, maple, for the drawers, slides and case.

If you noticed on the right side of the drawing I made a dado cutting schedule. The schedule told me when to cut which dados and in what sequence. I used this method so that I could make all the same depth and width dado cuts at the same time.

Putting the drawer slides in the case side dado insured that placement would be precise.

Clear as mud? ;~)

Reply to
Leon

I thought it was maple but I am not so good to evaluate the essence of the wood since there are so many even if I worked so often with maple at my job. So one less question you will have to answer me.

I was not in the "studying" mode about the plans so I really notice now how the plan is well done. All the dado's cut are align for each piece.

I have absoluptly no clue what you are talking about in your reply and I know I can do a lot better (cough) than you.. Damn it is cold here in Canada.I think I got a cold.;) OK thank again, great work and being able to master Sketchup and PDF does not make you an idiot for sure. Hey I am not an idiot either, "I can read them".

PS; If there are still people who are reading this thread, this guy Leon is a computer hacker and he stole the plans by hacking my computer to get them. He then sent people to my house to stole these jewelry boxes. Leon obviously is not even able to use a screw driver! ;))))) Oups.... the GRC is entering my house and obviously it is about Leon hacking my computer or stealing my jewel boxes. Ho mr the agent... you... heu what? You are arresting me because I downloaded an mp3?? What about Leon??? ;)

Also I am french speaking so my english is not perfect. VP

VirtualPin

Pauve ti bete ...

;)

Reply to
Swingman

Ce serait "Pauve tit bete" en Quebecois sans accent sur le "e" pour le reste? ;)

VP

VirtualPin

In South Louisiana, the phrase "Pauve ti bete" is common and translates to "poor little thing" ... "stupid" is another word entirely. :)

As a child, I was raised with "le français acadien" from my parents on a daily basis, but my old age grasp of the language is poor and suffers from a couple of other languages interposed since childhood, over 60 years ago.

You do well ...

Reply to
Swingman

wee wee Senior!