Lee Valley's 1/2" skew detail chisels

Robin Lee, Your skew detail chisels are an absolute delight to use when paring the shoulders on a tenon. I expected them to be good for paring tail ends on dovetails, but I was not looking for what they will do on a tenon. :-) What are you going to do for an encore?

Reply to
Lowell Holmes

Hi Lowell,

I have and use these very frequently...if the scale of work you do warrants them, try the other detail chisels too.

I use them nearly every day for such tasks as cleaning out DTs, paring small mortises, paring the square mortise for saw bolt heads, etc.

Take care, Mike

Reply to
MikeW

Hi Mike, I have the detail set and I use them. I bought the skew chisels to fill out the set, thinking I would use them, and I have. My only complaint is there is no room in the box for the skew chisels. :-)

Reply to
Lowell Holmes

Hi Lowell,

I made a new box like the detail set out of scrap Mahogany and a piece of 1/8" Baltic Birch ply for the bottom. It now holds the skews as well.

Take care, Mike

Reply to
MikeW

I keep my skews in the same roll as my bench chisels and they always seem to find work. Nice tools!

Reply to
Ba r r y