Lee Valley's 1/2" skew detail chisels

Robin Lee, Your skew detail chisels are an absolute delight to use when paring the shoulders on a tenon. I expected them to be good for paring tail ends on dovetails, but I was not looking for what they will do on a tenon. :-) What are you going to do for an encore?
Hi Lowell,
I have and use these very frequently...if the scale of work you do warrants them, try the other detail chisels too.
I use them nearly every day for such tasks as cleaning out DTs, paring small mortises, paring the square mortise for saw bolt heads, etc.
Take care, Mike

Hi Mike, I have the detail set and I use them. I bought the skew chisels to fill out the set, thinking I would use them, and I have. My only complaint is there is no room in the box for the skew chisels. :-)
Hi Lowell,
I made a new box like the detail set out of scrap Mahogany and a piece of 1/8" Baltic Birch ply for the bottom. It now holds the skews as well.
Take care, Mike
On Sun, 16 Apr 2006 14:50:53 GMT, "Lowell Holmes"

I keep my skews in the same roll as my bench chisels and they always seem to find work. Nice tools!