Lee Valley Radiant Heater

My Lee Valley Holiday Catalog arrived. The Northwest gets pretty chilly in winter. I will be working mainly in one position in the garage. Any recommendations on their Quartz Overhead Radiant Heater? The price is very reasonable - I didn't think I could get by that cheap but was thinking of ordering same. Thanks for any ideas on this situation. George
On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 11:54:06 -0800 (PST), snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (George G) wrote:
Yeah, I'm thinking of getting one too, let see what others have to say.

George;
I have had one of their heaters in my garage/workshop for a couple of winters.
It was sharing a circuit with garage door openers, garage lights, alarm system, radio, TV and stereo and computer system. I can't understand how it worked! (You wouldn't believe the existing wiring to the garage door opener plug I was using - about 20 ga.) Just installed a new electrical panel in the garage and gave the heater a separate circuit. I feel a lot safer now. (I also added 5 fluorescent lights).
It certainly makes it more useable in the garage in mild Vancouver in the winter. I simply hung it below the open joists and aim it into the centre of the work area.
Brian
| My Lee Valley Holiday Catalog arrived. | The Northwest gets pretty chilly in winter. I will be working mainly in | one position in the garage. Any recommendations on their Quartz | Overhead Radiant Heater? The price is very reasonable - I didn't think | I could get by that cheap but was thinking of ordering same. Thanks for | any ideas on this situation. | George |
Northern Tool has them for $49.99 See http://tinyurl.com/st6u
Erik