Lee Valley optical center punch

Page 5 of 6

ROFLMAO!
Sorry Lar, after all the pi**in' & moanin' started earlier about OT posting, I wasn't feeling particularly humorous or charitable. Just thought the door should be slammed shut *now*.
Nahmie
The talk around here regarding "healthy forests initiatives" is "no forests, no forest fires". Obvious. Pa-dum-dum.     mahalo,         jo4hn
jo4hn writes:

Makes sense. In California. But what about the spotted owls?
Charlie Self "If you want to know what God thinks of money, just look at the people he gave it to. " Dorothy Parker
Charlie Self wrote:

Guess that's what taxidermists are for...     j4
On Wed, 31 Dec 2003 20:30:40 GMT, Charlie Self wrote:

Course #2 of a 7-course dinner?
---------------------------------------------------------- Please return Stewardess to her original upright position. -------------------------------------- http://www.diversify.com Tagline-based T-shirts!
I asked an English major shortly prior to his graduation to describe WHERE to put the apostrophe and he started by saying "Some writers prefer" and that's when I cut him off! Glad to read that it isn't merely Engineers that are picky. This was in US Dept of Navy facility (after reading Sylvans' post).
On 28 Dec 2003 06:58:17 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnotforme (Charlie Self) wrote:

On 28 Dec 2003 06:58:17 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnotforme (Charlie Self) brought forth from the murky depths:

Do you mean to say that they're actually teaching ANY English in schools nowadays? It's not immediately obvious.
P.S: I'm going to stop replying to you until you fix your damned sig tail. Crikey, man. Have you no shame? EDIT!
========================================================= I drank WHAT? + http://www.diversify.com --Socrates + Web Application Programming
Larry Jaques writes:

sig tail?
I'll check the sig, but I don't know if it has any tail or not.
Shortened it. I was tired of the quote, so I guess the "tail" is all that's left.
Charlie Self
On 29 Dec 2003 00:56:16 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnotforme (Charlie Self) brought forth from the murky depths:

I know that it does, Charlie. Can you not SEE it in the above exact quote of your message?
-- Life's a Frisbee: When you die, your soul goes up on the roof. ---- http://diversify.com Comprehensive Website Development
Larry Jaque writes:

snip>>
Should be better now. Where that came from, I have no idea, except that the set-up seems to add a return every time I change the quote, whether *I* add a return or not.
Charlie Self
On 29 Dec 2003 08:54:13 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnotforme (Charlie Self) brought forth from the murky depths:

Ayup, that fixed 'er.
- Yea, though I walk through the valley of Minwax, I shall stain no Cherry. http://diversify.com
On 28 Dec 2003 06:58:17 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnotforme (Charlie Self) wrote:

Amazon UK's #1 bestseller this Christmas was the book "Eats, Shoots & Leaves: The Zero Tolerance Approach to Punctuation " <(Amazon.com product link shortened)>
I don't think it's available from Amazon US
-- Klein bottle for rent. Apply within.
On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 16:14:02 +0000, Andy Dingley

That's OK. If they can screw up their title, the rest is probably hosed, too. s/b either "Eats Shoots & Leaves" (as a koala might) or "Eats, Shoots, & Leaves".
- Yea, though I walk through the valley of Minwax, I shall stain no Cherry. http://diversify.com
Larry Jaques wrote:

In English probably. It's different in other languages, and the number of other-language people speaking and using English every day has probably blurred this line.
Come, tira y sale. (three verbs)
Alimentos, vstagos y hojas. (three nouns)
It's high school English content in Ontario. At least for now. Not that I am any example.
John
Charlie Self wrote:

Rob Lee wrote:

It's OK. You'r Canukistani, so I didn't even notice. Colourful spellings are all part of the charm.
Rob Lee wrote:

Vicodin? Should I even ask?
No, nothing like that. It was a question about Brusso hardware.
JOAT writes:

One of the hardest things for most college graduates to learn is that long words don't do the job if short words can be substituted. It was less difficult for me because I worked as a copywriter in an ad agency before going to college.
But, then, I was never an 01. Got to E4 and left.

Not just the military.
Charlie Self

In other words, "eschew obfuscation", correct? <muffled giggle>
Robert Bonomi replies:

Not at the ad agency. There, as in all marketing, it was "obfuscate with clarity."
Charlie Self