Lee Valley LED tape demos

For you Canadian residents not on Lee Valley's mailing list, they're holding seminars on the use of LED tape lighting solutions. 11:00 am to 2:00 pm the next two Saturdays.
http://www.leevalley.com/en/Hardware/page.aspx?pq784

Yep ... and for those other 20 million Canadians who aren't anywhere near the 15 Lee Valley stores .. ... visit their web site ! .. 12 volt led strip lighting is quite easy. ... and cool .. John T.
--- ---
snipped-for-privacy@none.com wrote in

I just made a sign using LED's. A few will light up a pretty large piece of acrylic. Picture posted in the binaries.
Larry
On 4/16/2014 8:02 PM, Larry wrote:

Nice job. CNC router?
--
Jeff

Which news binaries group?
JAS
On Wed, 16 Apr 2014 19:22:13 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@ccanoemail.com wrote:

Actually, their most recently flier (April 2014) is also very informative about led lighting and all the options that LV supplies.

FWIW I bought the setup with remote dimmers. All works well and with out any got'chas. Well one little hiccup with the dimmers getting out of sinc. I bought paired alike dimmers for easier under counter lighting.

Thanks. Yes, homebuilt. Doesn't work as well as I would like but it can do some amazing things nevertheless.

It's nice enough that I think you'd be able to market them to order.
snipped-for-privacy@ccanoemail.com wrote in news:nm3uk9t2p6s4199igg322qnk0h7enldlc3@ 4ax.com:

I plan to put a LED strip light over a taig lathe. I just gotta clear off some work space (and not get too distracted--new lathe to play with, you know) and actually built the support for it.
If you get the style where you can clip the strip every 3rd LED, all it takes to light the other segment is a bit of wire, solder, and a 6-12V power supply. (6V will be quite a bit dimmer than 12V, but sometimes you only need a little light.)
Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.

alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
snipped-for-privacy@none.com wrote:

I guess it is not available on my news reader eternal-september
email.me:

For those that don't have access to binaries it's the top picture located at http://www.roanokewx.com/cnc.htm
There are also a couple of other CNC things I've been playing with on the same page.
Larry
Larry wrote:

Thanks, and very nice work.

Any chance of some pictures and details of the CNA setup you used to create these items?
snipped-for-privacy@none.com wrote in

Once upon a time I was working on a how-not-to-do a CNC page. It's floating around somewhere on my web server. I'll see if I can find some time to work on it.
snipped-for-privacy@none.com wrote:

"JAS" wrote:

---------------------------------------- Astraweb.com and $10 solves that problem very nicely for a very long time.
At least it did for me.