Lee Valley 4" Double Square

I just got this for Christmas, and it now has a permanent place in my apron. Accurate to .001", this is my new portable jack-of-all-trades tool. I'm sure it's going to be one of the tools I want with me at all times.
JP ************************ Ain't nuthin' like a good tool.
Sweet! I've been looking for something smaller than the 12" square I've been using. Looks like this one would fit the bill. --dave

I have a Starret 6 inch double square I bought myself as a birthday gift about 20 years ago. I love it and use it for everything. max

You know what? As soon as I read that, I thought "He's right, a 6-inch square would be far better for my usage." I do bunch of framing, so the full 3.5" plus the stock (and then some) would be plenty useful - and the size would still be right.
Hmmm... Looks like I need a new tool.
JP *************** Glutton.

I love my LV 4" double for marking out dovetail depths, and cross grain lines. It gets frequent use for hand work. I often use it to measure depths, so I don't have to tie up my 6".
My everyday apron passenger is a 6" Starrett combo, simply because I like having an accurate 45 available as well as a 90.
Barry
On Sun, 02 Jan 2005 12:29:50 GMT, Ba r r y

That's a good point. Once I get one, I'll probably have to start a new thread.
There's just something about a good tool. I long to build beautiful furniture.
JP