learned a new use for an old word

was looking all over for the shelf brackets that use small clips

you squeeze the clip and it fits in to the bracket

there are 4 brackets for each shelving unit the shelf ends rest on two clips so there are 4 clips per shelf

the brackets are called pilasters

well i always thought pilasters were an ornamental detail that looked like vertical supports also the pilaster clips come with nails but i am going to use small #6 screws instead

Reply to
Electric Comet

You can also find that terminology used with drawer slides parts. There is a bracket than can be squeezed an inserted to fit on a drawer slide, and they're advertised as "pilaster brackets".

Threw me the first time I heard it also ...

Reply to
Swingman

naming things is hard i guess

why they chose pilaster is courious