learned a new use for an old word

was looking all over for the shelf brackets that use small clips
you squeeze the clip and it fits in to the bracket
there are 4 brackets for each shelving unit the shelf ends rest on two clips so there are 4 clips per shelf
the brackets are called pilasters
well i always thought pilasters were an ornamental detail that looked like vertical supports also the pilaster clips come with nails but i am going to use small #6 screws instead
On 10/24/2015 10:53 AM, Electric Comet wrote:

You can also find that terminology used with drawer slides parts. There is a bracket than can be squeezed an inserted to fit on a drawer slide, and they're advertised as "pilaster brackets".
Threw me the first time I heard it also ...
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net

naming things is hard i guess
why they chose pilaster is courious
On 10/25/2015 4:41 PM, Electric Comet wrote:

Etymology