Shelf Brackets

I want to put up a shelf of either MDF or Pine in my kitchen (approx W220cm x D30cm x Thickness 2cm). I'm aiming to put up 3 brackets made from 3 vertical plates (3" x 3/4" timber) with fairly solid triangular shelf supports (approx 1" thick) attached. My question is how do I create the brackets, i.e. how do I attach the triangle supports to the wall plate and when? Can I assemble these first by screwing through the wall plate into the triangle or what? Sorry if this seems a dumb question but i'm stuck. Any links appreciated, thanks in advance for any help. xiv

Reply to
louisxiv

its anything but clear to me what sort of wooden bracket design youre aiming for. Maybe draw something?

Pine over mdf any day, seriously. MDF cant handle damp and drips.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Basically something like this but without the fancy curves and to my own specs (unless anyone can tell me where to get them roughly the size in my original post).

louisxiv

I've seen what I think is exactly the triangular supports you're describing at B&Q. (they aren't on their crappy website, I've just looked.)

You can make concealed fittings in the manner you describe but TBH much easier to buy the B&Q ones.

David

Reply to
Lobster

screws the better, as in this type of bracket there is pull across the grain. I'd go with more than 3/4" too.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Through the back of the wall plate into the triangle you mean?

Reply to
louisxiv

I think you can work that one out.

NT