Layla Unplugged And Its Relation To WoodDorking

Page 3 of 3

John McCoy wrote:

Amen, brother!
--
Cheers,
Rob

Someone suggested that the unplugged After Midnight would not be good. JJ Cale (original author( did a killer version. max

It's a subjective thing, John.. that's why they make stain in more than one color...
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing
Hi, Being new, my first ever post, I'll try to make it short.
When Clapton is good, it is a wonderful thing. When he's not, well, he's not. I suspect anyone who can combine two different styles of woodworking or music, has the potential of beautiful work. In my own experience though, if I don't stay focused on the overall end product, I lose my place and either end up making a mistake or abandoning a project all together. Could Clapton have been just filling out his obligations to a record deal or his debtors when he was obviously not up to his regular high standard? Sometimes the old tools give me a chance to escape the noise and the pressure of tight scheduling commonly associated with my real job in the construction industry. Likewise, Unplugged music gives artists like Clapton a chance to express the evolving of his soul through the relaxed atmosphere created by the lack of tails and switches and control boards, etc. Less pressure = more time to be creative and reflective. Isn't that why artists of all sorts go far away from their normal living conditions to get focused? Is my shop out back far enough away to bring out the best work I am capable of? I guarantee you when the dust collector is on or the shop vac is screaming in my ears. I am not aware of the person who is about to touch me and scare the living $#!+ out of me!
.02 from a new guy.
mac davis wrote:

Tom Watson wrote:

Speaking of Eric Clapton, he and his cohorts of Cream are showing up on my local PBS weekly pledge drive. When I listen to Cream I have say those three guys,(Eric Clapton, Ginger Baker and Jack Bruce) were the best at their craft. The music it timeless!
Rich
--
"you can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"