Large bandsaws and little blades

Hi.
Still debating between a Bridgewood 17" and Rikon 18" bandsaw or a smaller 14" BS. How do these larger saws perform when using smaller (say, 1/4") blades? Are the blades easy to track? Is it easy to see the cut-line beyond the larger guides? Are the lower tables (relative to a 14" saw) a problem? Any other comments or advice?
Thanks as always for your help.
David
David wrote:

I routinely run 1/4" blades on my 18" parks bandsaw without problems. it has a pretty high table for an 18" saw and pretty primitive guides, but if the guides on your target machine can be adjusted for a narrow blade I don't see a reason not to do it.

I went from a 12 " Craftsman to the 18" Rikon. It will handle 1/4" through 1-1/4' wide blades. As for as being able to see the blades there is no problem. On some saws it is harder to see what you are sawing then the guard is down low. Rikon has a window at the bottom of the blade guard to aid your vision. The guides are behind the blade. They do not get in the way of the line you are looking at. Tracking on the Rikon is pretty easy as again it has a window on the top side so that you can watch the tracking as you adjust it and turn the upper wheel by hand. I actually prefer the lower table. I was lifting 8" diameter 3' long tree limbs up there and was much more comfortable with everything a bit lower.
just bought a 20 inch Laguna bandsaw a while back and haven't really spent much time on it but have used a one inch laguna resaw king blade for sizing cabinet parts and also a 1/4 inch blade also from laguna for doing some work requiring some curves, after sitting the saw up and ajusting the tension and also having each blade more or less in the center of the wheel I have had no problems what so ever, I'm very pleased with this saw. attention to properly sitting up your saw or what have you seems to stop alot of problems before they start.... good luck