Decisions, decisions - Bandsaws: Rikon 10-345 v. PWBS-14CS v. JWBS-18

I'm looking for a bandsaw, partly for curtting curves and partly for resawing.

The Jet is a used machine; the Powermatic & Rikon are new. The PWBS is 14", but Woodcraft is offering a free 6" riser & moble base. The Rikon & Jet are both 18". The Rikon & Powermatic+riser have 12" resaw, while the Jet has 10.25".

Can anyone share some experiences with these saws, either pro or con.

Much appreciated.

Devon

Reply to
Devon Miller

Is this your first BS? I went through this a couple of years ago and bought the Rikon and returned it 2 weeks later. I bought it sight unseen and was assured that if I was not happy I could return it. I do not like the roller guides bearings. I know that many improvements have been made but I was upgrading and none of those saws really filled the bill for me. I would advise getting a saw with ceramic guides or replacing the guides with ceramic guides. I ended up going with a Laguna.

Reply to
Leon