Kick back Demonstration, this guy is an idiot

And Ill give him credit that he knows he is an idiot.
I have always said that no amount of safety procedures will protect you if your time is up.
I have seen this guy give demo's, IIRC Incra uses him, he wants to show you how a kick back happens and damn near cuts his hand off as you will see on the slow motion video.
One would think that if you are going to demo a kick back that you would take more precautions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7sRrC2Jpp4

Maybe one of those plastic/rubber hands that the dog behaviorists use to test food aggression. They know better. They are not going to put their hand someplace where it could be bitten.
If the dog people can figure it out, what is his problem?

I'm bettin' there is a cabinet position in D.C. that this guy would be more qualified for than the current member.
On 12/2/2012 5:03 PM, Gordon Shumway wrote:

I think the obama administration all ready has plenty of incompetent people. Rice, Geithner, to name a couple

Hmmmm..... maybe buy them all cabinet saws with instructions to keep your head down?
On Sun, 02 Dec 2012 18:09:45 -0500, Keith Nuttle

That was my point. This guy is a genius compared to them. At least he learned from his mistake.

I've had two kick backs in my life and both times it was the same scenario... I had been making non-through cuts so I had taken the BIESEMEYER T-Splitter out. I was tired but needed to make "one more" through cut to get to to a good stopping point. In both cases I didn't reinstall the T-Splitter... In both cases I had a kick back that bruised not only my ego but my mid-section. I will NEVER EVER AGAIN continue to work in the shop when I know I am tired and I will NEVER EVER AGAIN make a through cut without the T-Splitter!
http://www.deltamachinery.com/accessories/biesemeyer/item/78-453?category_idE
Another point of concern with the video: After hearing about what happened to a guy in my woodworking club I will NEVER EVER AGAIN use plastic push sticks on the table saw... My associate accidently hit the blade with a plastic push stick and it exploded shooting shrapnel into his hand and forearm. I now use solid pine push sticks only... not even plywood as I've had pieces of plywood delaminate in the past and go flying.
John The voice of experience... mine and others!
"John Grossbohlin" wrote:

--------------------------------------------------------------- I like a piece of 2by4, about 12" long with a rear hook cut into it using a bandsaw to form it for a push block.
Get about 7-8 pieces from a 96" 2by4.
Lew

Almost fed his hand into the heel end of the blade. Toe end just nips off a fingertip or two. The heel end turns the hand into hamburger.
On 12/2/2012 2:07 PM, Leon wrote:

Just had to watch this one more time.... I wonder how many times he actually did this. He shows at the end of the video the damage done to the push block....but the damage was done as shown prior to the kick back. You can see the damaged front section of the push block while hse is feeding the wood.