Keyless chuck

I just bought a Dewalt DW2350 from ebay, to install on my old DW100 drill. Unfortunately, it didn't come with the installation instructions. Anyone know how to get the old chuck off?
Thanks.
Darrell
Open the old chuck all the way .. look inside .. you should see a screw (it will be a left hand thread) .. remove this screw .. close the chuck on the short arm of the biggest allen wrench that will fit .. smack the long arm of the wrench with a block of wood or a hammer handle (the chuck is a standard right hand thread) .. should spin right off .. .. .. reverse the procedure to install the new chuck.
D Moss wrote:

-- I AM NOT PARANOID .. .. .. but EVERYONE thinks I am !! !! !!
<<<__ Bob __>>>
Don't know that model but I have come across similar cases, chuck won't move, etc. Look down inside the chuck for a screw which goes into the end of the drill shaft. If there's one there it's a good chance it's a left hand thread. Undo that screw and the chuck will screw off the shaft on a right hand thread.
John

My little black&decker corded was a left hand for the center screw and right hand for the chuck it self. The big allen key trick worked quite well Thanks, Tony D.

I'm not familiar with the DW100, but many drill presses have a chuck that fits onto a tapered quill. For this type there is usually a slot in the quill where you can fit a thin wedge to force the old chuck off.
If it's a screw mounted chuck, you can usually fit the key into the chuck and whack it with a plastic hammer to start it loose. Some chucks have a screw inside that is reached through the chuck jaws.
These tapers come in several sizes so I hope the ebay chuck is the same taper/threads as yours.
On 23 Dec 2003 20:33:58 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net (D Moss) wrote:

Damn, I love my keyless chuck...hasn't let me down in 3 years.
Another example of chocolate, vanilla or strawberry...
If they were that bad,they would have been put out of business years ago.
IMHO of course.
Remove TIE to reply.
On Sun, 28 Dec 2003 10:36:18 -0500, Bill Reynolds

keyed and keyless chucke both come in a range of qualities. cheap ones of either type will make your life miserable. good ones of either type are a joy to use.

Indeed.....
Remove TIE to reply.