Keeping air tools clean

The very nature of air tools has them "living" in environments with dust and grit. To keep dirt out of the leader hose on my air tools I cap them with baby bottle nipples on the quick disconnet fitting. They are a good fit. . If you know someone raising an infant the price and be really right as they need to be replaced, but they are still good for my purposes. After a while they do get brittle and they no longer work for my purposes, but I usually lose them before that.
Perhaps there is a reason this isn't a good idea. I would be please to hear you ideas. Robin

I don't really have any ideas Robin, but I've never had a problem with anything getting in to my air tools - never had a need to seal them over.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

http://www.woodworker.com/cgi-bin/FULLPRES.exe?PARTNUM 9-786 Not my idea, but they work and are convenient enough to justify the exorbitant price.
Or you can try these. Much less expensive and they work well, but easier to loose. http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.aspx?c=1&pE858&cat=1,110,42967&ap=1

I checked out the web site and saw what looked to be miniature condoms which is what "finger cots" look like. They are available in the first aid section of the drug store, they might work, they might be cheaper, and you can always use them for what they were intended, which is to protect injured finger tips from dirt.

loose.http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.aspx?c=1&pE858&cat=1,110,42967&ap=1"George"
message
http://woodworker.com/cgi-bin/FULLPRES.exe?PARTNUM 9-786