Just got my Bosch 1590EVSK Jigsaw

Oh my, this is truly a pleasure to hold, and even more to use! Spent an hour playing with it today trying out the different settings and an assortment of blades. It's like cutting butter!
Well, not really, but it sure it a great tool!
I need wood! More wood! Must cut!
Jack
"mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net" <"mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net"> wrote in message

Just got mine along with some of those new fangled blades ( at least new to me) a week or two ago. Used it for cutting metal. Cuts like butter, very smooth.
One thing I noticed was the table / pad moving along the longer axis. Was the last cut and a quick look around the tool, showed me no simply way to tighten it. Guess it might be time to get the manual out next time around.
I love the new blade attachment. Makes for quick work. I did buy a good supply of the Bosch blades with it. I tend to overbuy on the consumables, due to the distance issue here. I can tell you they are not giving them away that is for sure. They seem to be of very high quality. Even the fine (15tpi I think) metal blades, they went through 1/8 steel about as fast as I would want to go.
Chris

You might as well get out your wallet and buy some of the anti-splinter inserts, too. They only place I've found that has them listed in their catalogue is www.coastaltool.com. These inserts are about 5x the price of the ones for their smaller jigsaw. They do a nice job when used with the Bosch "clean for wood" series of blades.
Bob
Can't find those on Coastal Tool's website. All that comes up in the search is anti-splinter blades. You got a link?
Jack
BillyBob wrote:

Here is the link at Coastal.....
http://www.coastaltool.com/cgi-bin/SoftCart.exe/a/bosc/bojig_acc.htm?L+coastest+rcvy2365ff0df00d+1125638925
I agree completely! What a tool. I think the purchase of a 1590 (and the subsequent tossing of the old B&D or whatever) must be some significant milestone in every woodworker's journey...
mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net" <"mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net wrote:

The Bosch is an absolute pleasure to use, particularly if you've only used POS B&D jigsaws before. Buy quality and cry only once. I get a smile on my face every time I turn mine on. Now you know why.
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Yep ... that's the EXACT model I had before .. a POS. How did you know? LOL
I haven't tried it on metals or plastics yet. Just wood. Got any recommendations on using it for non-wood products?
Jack
Mortimer Schnerd, RN wrote:

"mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net" <"mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net"> wrote in message

FACE PROTECTION on any thing not wood. Lots of things flying around.
mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net" <"mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net wrote:

Go for bimetal blades and use oil if you're cyutting metal. I haven't tried it on plastic but they make blades for that as well. Bosch makes damned good blades.
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN