bosch jigsaw

have been satsified with my bosch jigsaw
but it would really benefit from having a light
not sure why there is no light
it would not add much to the cost and it would be really helpful
also annoying to have to blow out the dust so it would be another useful feature to have a nozzle to blow out the dust
otherwise it is a great tool
the quick blade change is excellent as is the blade angle of cut adjustment

Someone must own a patent somewhere... Although I'd consider it obvious to anyone in the industry: An integrated light shining on the working area of the tool.
IIRC, my 1590 does have a blower... it's good enough. It's the switch with two positions.
Puckdropper
On 23 Dec 2016 19:20:22 GMT, Puckdropper

IIRC, the Festool has a strobe light. That's a different and useful idea (i.e. patentable).

Sucking is better than blowing.
4ax.com:

*trim*

Not always. (Do you like to argue?) Try this experiment (Bill Pentz came up with it): Take a ping pong ball and two straws. One person can only blow through the straw and the other can only suck. Try to get the ball to go out of a circle or into an area. The person blowing will win every game.
If you need to see a line, a blower can be more efficient than trying to suck the dust away.
Puckdropper
In article <585e0f07$0$7342$c3e8da3
says...

And if you're cutting steel with a lubricant (which Bosch saws will do--the old ones even had a powered lubricant dispenser accessory available that was driven by the saw) do you really want to be sucking the lubricant and chips into the mechanism?
Of course you can always go green, but even green doesn't suck with the saw's mechanism, they just provide a dust port to which a (preferably green) vacuum can be attached.
On Sat, 24 Dec 2016 07:25:58 -0500, "J. Clarke"

Into the mechanism? I don't think you want to blow it around the room, either.

Sure. I wouldn't want to steal power from the saw for the vacuum, nor would I want to control but the saw and the vacuum.
In article <5c1t5ct0e6godrj5pmmi20jams0dafcd9u@

And yet that has been normal practice ever since sawing was invented.

So you favor a jigsaw with a vacuum attachment. While that is certainly OK if you are sawing in your mother's living room, on a construction site controlling the dust is of considerably less importance.
On Sat, 24 Dec 2016 10:24:33 -0500, "J. Clarke"

Because it was "always done that way" doesn't mean there aren't better ways.

Not sure. The tail seems like it would get in the way for many cuts.

A jig saw on a construction site? Don't believe I've ever seen one. I try not to throw sawdust around my shop (not always successfully).
On 24 Dec 2016 06:00:39 GMT, Puckdropper

Well, if you're into balls... ;-)

But then you have to suck it away later. Except for the bigger tail, I find the vacuum much better.

*trim*

The Bosch blower doesn't have a tail, and only moves the dust just far enough away you can see the line. You'll still have to sweep or vacuum it up later, but a jigsaw with giant hose would be rather cumbersome.
Puckdropper
On 24 Dec 2016 18:12:14 GMT, Puckdropper

I haven't tried it but wouldn't automatically discount it. I thought a vacuum on a router would be cumbersome, too, but it's easier than cleaning up afterwards.
On 12/24/2016 12:00 AM, Puckdropper wrote:

Maybe for moving ping pong balls. ;~) In this instance I would rather the debris be removed at the source rather than blowing it all over the area. FWIW my Milwaukee jig saw has a blower and it blows. Works much better with the shop vac attached and running.
On 12/23/2016 7:21 PM, krw wrote:

I have often wondered why a strobe and how that would be useful. Do you know or have a clue? I do know that the latest strobe light Festool jig saw was delayed for sale in the US, IIRC it had something to do with the strobe making the blade appear to be not moving up and down.

Probably because American lawyers will convince juries that a blade that looks like it's not moving is "dangerous".
I think the idea of the "stopped" blade is that one can see where the teeth are (they're doing the cutting, after all).
On 12/24/2016 1:35 PM, krw wrote:

Understood but really, I know where the teeth are, what difference does it make to see the teeth?

So you can see where the cut will be, rather than where it was?
On 12/25/2016 7:41 AM, krw wrote:

LOL. I think it is probably like a laser on a DP. Perhaps if I used one I might see the advantage.

Agree.
A strobe light makes little sense. I'd much rather have some sorta sawdust blower on my blowerless/lightless DeWalt jig saw.
A lotta folks have weighed in on how blowers are of little help. It's still gotta be better than trying to maintain a wheezing "puff" with my geezer lungs. ;)
nb

Check and see if it stop motions the teeth, would it make possible to see a broken tooth? Those Germans tend to engineer thing out to infinity.
On 12/27/2016 3:39 PM, Markem wrote:

Yes, the saw stop motions the blade.
BUT you can see a broken tooth with the saw turned off.