bosch jigsaw

I have often wondered why a strobe and how that would be useful. Do you know or have a clue? I do know that the latest strobe light Festool jig saw was delayed for sale in the US, IIRC it had something to do with the strobe making the blade appear to be not moving up and down.

Reply to
Leon

Maybe for moving ping pong balls. ;~) In this instance I would rather the debris be removed at the source rather than blowing it all over the area. FWIW my Milwaukee jig saw has a blower and it blows. Works much better with the shop vac attached and running.

Reply to
Leon

krw wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

*trim*

The Bosch blower doesn't have a tail, and only moves the dust just far enough away you can see the line. You'll still have to sweep or vacuum it up later, but a jigsaw with giant hose would be rather cumbersome.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

Because it was "always done that way" doesn't mean there aren't better ways.

Not sure. The tail seems like it would get in the way for many cuts.

A jig saw on a construction site? Don't believe I've ever seen one. I try not to throw sawdust around my shop (not always successfully).

Reply to
krw

I haven't tried it but wouldn't automatically discount it. I thought a vacuum on a router would be cumbersome, too, but it's easier than cleaning up afterwards.

Reply to
krw

Probably because American lawyers will convince juries that a blade that looks like it's not moving is "dangerous".

I think the idea of the "stopped" blade is that one can see where the teeth are (they're doing the cutting, after all).

Reply to
krw

Understood but really, I know where the teeth are, what difference does it make to see the teeth?

Reply to
Leon

So you can see where the cut will be, rather than where it was?

Reply to
krw

LOL. I think it is probably like a laser on a DP. Perhaps if I used one I might see the advantage.

Reply to
Leon

Agree.

A strobe light makes little sense. I'd much rather have some sorta sawdust blower on my blowerless/lightless DeWalt jig saw.

A lotta folks have weighed in on how blowers are of little help. It's still gotta be better than trying to maintain a wheezing "puff" with my geezer lungs. ;)

nb

Reply to
notbob

Check and see if it stop motions the teeth, would it make possible to see a broken tooth? Those Germans tend to engineer thing out to infinity.

Reply to
Markem

Yes, the saw stop motions the blade.

BUT you can see a broken tooth with the saw turned off.

Reply to
Leon

Only if it's above the table. ;-)

Reply to