jointer plane problem

Hi, I have a brass knob which is stuck on my Stanley no. 9. I have tried putting wd40 to loosen it up to no avail. Does anyone have any suggestions to unfreeze this brass knob? Thanks, Robert
RWS wrote:

Kroil
Lew

There is normally a brass knob with a left hand thread on a hand plane. Don't force it the wrong way!
Tim w

No. 9 jointer plane? Interesting.
John Martin