jointer advice

Hi guys I have no problem jointing short pieces up to say 3 foot, but anything longer and I get a bow in the middle of the timber. Any advice would be great. neilc
Your outfeed table is not tangent to the cutter head. If your bow is concave, the outfeed table is too low. If it is convex, the table is too high. If the error is slight, you will (as you have discovered) still get a fairly straight edge on shorter stock. DD
"It's easy when you know how..." Johnny Shines
In rec.woodworking

How long is your bed?
This may help
http://woodworking.homeip.net/wood/Tuning%20Tools/Jointers/Jointers.html
Bob S.

Not sure if it helped him but thanks v much from the UK
Ciao
Nicholas

Cheers lads thanks neilc