Joiners

================= I have not read any of the replies to your question YET...but I can tell you I have owned a Rockwell 6 inch jointer for close to 40 years now... AND I will tell you that I have given it a heck of a lot of use over the years....

I VALUE BED LENGHT over cutter width...

My Rockwell has a pretty short bed...maybe 40 inches or so...and that short lenght has given me 1000 times more problems then being limited to a 6 inch wide board...

I make a lot of tables, desks, etc..and I do a lot of glue ups for tops etc..and in mist cases I limit the width of a board to about 4 to 5 inches in width anyway....

MAYBE ..and this is a true statement...in the 40 years I have owned this jointer I wished I had purchased an 8 inch jointer less then a dozen times... BUT even making that statement if I were to buy a new jointer today and the bed lenghts were equal I would buy an 8 in jointer and limit the width of my boards I use to glue up a table top to

4 inches or so... Just to save time...

GET the Longest BED you can find...

Bob Griffiths

Reply to
Bob G

Go on, brother!

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y B u r k e J r .

Dave,

I had the same decision. For about 100 bucks more (including S&H), you can get the Grizz 75" long 8" wide behemoth. Very nice. No compromise.

Montyhp

Reply to
Montyhp

nice specs. Is the table and fence respectably flat and the tables coplanar? How many HP does it have?

dave

M> Dave,

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

Dave,

As far as I can tell, tables are coplanar and fence is flat (I don't own an expensive straight edge, just a cheap Borg aluminum version). The real proof is that I get flat wood (very nice joints and flat faces). It has two HP and 4 blades. (I guess 4 blades may be a disadvantage when I go to change them;-)

Reply to
Montyhp