Jet JTS-10 table saw - height adjustment lock

A couple of years ago I got a great deal on a used jts-10 table saw, but it didn't come with the owners manual.

It's been a great saw (once I added a better fence) but the height lock mechanism doesn't work, and without the manual I can't figure out if there's a missing piece or it's assembled wrong. Up to this point I've managed to cope with it, but I'm now working on a project where I need accurate depth of cut.

I've searched the internet but haven't found any online manuals. The way that it's set up is the wheel handle locks agains a 1"washer which tightens against the part of the shaft that gets thicker, so it's not doing anything other then locking the handle to the shaft.

The angle guage comes next. It's a cylindar over the shaft that is not attached to anything so it moves freely. It almost looks like the washer should be inside this cylinder so that the handle locks against the cylinder, which would then lock against the washer. But, I don't see how that would lock the height adjustment.

Does anyone know where I can find an online manual, or can describe how this assembly should be.

Thanks, Glen

Reply to
Capt. Hook

Jim Behning

managed to

See if the following link does you any good.

had to download the manual to my local computer then open it directly because the PDF file is 8+ MB and it runs really slow otherwise. There is a exploded diagram at the back of the manual.

Reply to
Sam Brooks

Thanks. It appears to be a little different then the one model I have, but close enough. The cylinder that the angle pointer is attached on my jts is much longer then in the illustration. At the end furthest from the handle there's an allen screw that was missing. I didn't see it before because it was inside the cabinet and filled with sawdust. That explains why the pointer was loose. Everything else looks ok, so It may be that I just need to tighten the lock nut harder but I'll have a close look after I replace the screw and reassemble it.

Glen

Reply to
Capt. Hook