Jesada ist Kapoot

No - not an old mailing list. My current personal email address is only a few months old. He either got it off usenet or bought a mailing list from someone. It is nothing but pure spam.

Reply to
Alan Bierbaum

Sweet Sawdust

Me too. And I haven't posted here in a while AND I mung my email address. So he must have dug pretty deep. Adding insult to injury, the e-mail begins with "Thank you for subscribing to our newsletter"

The spam filter has been tra>

John Carlson

Do you think your post is appropriate for someone who posts here as a representative of your company?

I would have expected a more adult attitude from Lee.

Have a nice one...

Trent

Trent©

Jeez Robin seems to be a lightning rod for some folks lately. I didn't read anything into what Robin said or how he said it other than that he was spammed and feels the addresses were generated from the group.

If you are referring to the commentary: "flying ferret's ass about your company..." It was written by Andy, not Robin.

You point out something about the spam that I hadn't considered. If Infinity wasn't spamming and knew the recipients of their mailing do you think they'd send it to one of the largest retailers of woodworking tools on the continent?

If it looks like spam, smells like spam and tastes like spam...

Reply to
Fly-by-Night CC

He must not have gone too deep. I post here regularly with an unmunged email address and no spam filters (unless Compuserve is doing so on their own) and I didn't get anything from Infinity. I am feeling so left out and ignored......

Dave Hall

Reply to
David Hall

Trent,

I'm not sure what could have been more adult. He said Hi, nice salutation. He did equate the situation as funny, so maybe that violates your sense of "adult attitude", but even this is within the bounds of normal business conversation (see alternate definitions of the word funny.) Maybe its bacause he proclaimed himself correct. Maybe that is boastful and violates the sense of "adult attitude".

All in all, I don't see your point. Robin is well in bounds of adult attitude as defined by me, we'll have to wait for the ruling from the international body on this one. (Note I ran it by the US ruling body and they said it was fine, but because of Robin's location we'll have to wait on the international ruling.)

1 Point Robin.

Bernie

Reply to
Bernie Hunt

That's OK Dave, I didn't get one either. If figured it was just me and my bad attitude that got me excluded.

Bernie

Reply to
Bernie Hunt

Spam is spam. Take the "Boulder Pledge":

it is a promise to never ever buy anything from someone who has spammed you.

Reply to
Ed Clarke

On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 17:52:28 +0100, Andy Dingley calmly ranted:

C'mon Andy. You know damned well that Taiwanese toolmakers are light years ahead of their Chinese equivalents. (But the Chinese are up-and-coming.)

While Taiwan is now technically "owned" by China, distinctions do apply.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 16:54:15 -0400, "Robin Lee" calmly ranted:

Y'know Christmas is coming, don't you, Santa Lee?

Reply to
Larry Jaques

The US election is close and everyone down there is cranky. When the yanks get cranky, they blame Canadians - we're used to it.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Daly

Michael Daly responds:

Yeah, but the guy doing the lightning strikes is Canadian, so how does that fit your claim?

Charlie Self "When we are planning for posterity, we ought to remember that virtue is not hereditary." Thomas Paine

Reply to
Charlie Self

Heyheyhey!!!!

Doncha think Santa Lee should be thinking about all us hard done by Canadians first?

Robin, as compensation for all the "price gouging" you've been doing here in "Our Home and Native Land" I'd settle for a store here in Saskatoon. But don't tell SWMBO I've been asking... She gets nervous every time a catalog arrives (with good reason).

;-)

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

Taiwan _IS_ the real China ! Anyone who reckons otherwise must be some kind of Commie Stooge.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

My sentiments also.

Have a nice one...

Trent

Trent©

Hey, there are people whining about being harvested and they don't even have email addresses in their posts.

I think he has been deemed un-wreckPC and is therefore a bad person.

Reply to
p_j