Jerky maker (dehydrator) plans??

I used to see some web sites that had pretty good food dehydrator construction plans/ideas but don't seem to locate any now. Any one know of any??? RM~
While I don't know of any site that has plans, I remember the one a teacher of mine built. It was about 2'x2'x5' the upper half contained a series of slots and screen shelves. (where the material to be dried was placed.)
In the lower half he placed a space heater facing the opposite side and a piece of sheet metal wedged into a curve to deflect the heat upwards. The top was open. The screened shelves were boxed in making it more a "drying tunnel' than a dehydration box. It did the trick though.
Sorry I don't have more precise measurements. But I remember this from the 6th grade and I'm 45 now.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,,FOOD_9936_31151,00.html

Did you get to eat any?
Yeah, but it wasn't too fun for kid not use to camping. I put the piece of dried apple in my mouth and it promptly sucked every bit of water out of it.

\

That's interesting, the one I've used for years used a ceramic cone shaped heating element that screwed into a standard lightbulb socket like the old electric heaters of the 30's and 40's. Doubt I could ever find a replacement if needed. Thanks for the thought, RM~
Rob Mills wrote:

Anything like these? http://www.petmountain.com/product/incandescent/502858/newtek-pearlco-ceramic-heat-bulbs.html

--John

http://www.petmountain.com/product/incandescent/502858/newtek-pearlco-ceramic-heat-bulbs.html
No but I would bet those would work great if mine conked out. Mine is a ceramic cone wrapped with an exposed screen door spring like heating element such as you would see in an elect dryer coiled arround the outside. It has a screw base at the bottom of the cone just like a regular light bulb. RM~

As JOAT would say if he were still posting, "google is your friend."
A google search on "ceramic screw base heating element" (without the quotes) turned up a number of hits.
Follow this link:
http://www.akinsun.com/Accessories4.html
Look at the second picture down on the page. I think that is the exact one you are talking about.
Joe aka 10x