Dehydrator fuse?

I have a Cabelas dehydrator model 75-0201. It quit heating while making jerky. The fan still works but no heat. I read the manual. I watched a vid for a similar model but what I have I cannot find in a search. Does this model have a fuse that might have blown? If so, where might it be? It is not outside and inside I see nothing fuse wise. I have used this 10 times at best, had it for 5 to 8 years guessing. It looks new. Thanks to anyone with some knowledge.

Reply to
Thomas

No "first hand" knowlege, but virtually all heating appliances have a thermal cutout device to prevent overheating. If airflow is restricted (either in or out) and the internal temperature excedes the limit, the protection device goes open. SOME automatically reset - but the majority open permanently. They ARE replaceable, if you can locate it and then locate a replacement. Might be more expensive thana new unit if you are paying someone to do the repair.

See:

for an example

Reply to
Clare Snyder

It very likely has a thermal fuse inside. They come in various form factors, a common type looks like a diode or big resistor and it's bonded to something that conducts heat to it. Sometimes they blow without it going over temperature. If it has markings on it, you can probably find one online, eg Ebay. Main things are that it looks the same so it fits and current rating and temp.

Reply to
trader_4