Jawhorse.

Anybody tried one? It looks to be a knockoff of the Triton Superjaws without the $400.00 price tag.
CW wrote:

Lowes started carrying them and had one on display. I messed around with it and was impressed. I clamped a 1x10 in it and couldn't get it to budge with all my weight. Simple to use and operated perfectly.
--

-MIKE-

Lowes started carrying them and had one on display.
How much was Lowes asking? I have not seen one at "my" Lowes. Did it have a "brand" name?
$169.00 is one pricey sawhorse.
Vut fifty or sixty bucks . . .
Hoosierpopi wrote:

Same as the rest, 179.
--

-MIKE-

Hoosierpopi wrote:

BYW, in my opinion, it would be well worth it, if you can find it on sale for say, 125.... or even 149.
It's hardly just a sawhorse. To do what it does, you would need two sawhorses, and some big clamps, and a lot more time and hassle.
The way it clamps big items and holds them securely, using no hands, is very, very nice. I would put it to good use on a job site.
--

-MIKE-

Mine (Triton) is not just an extra hand, it's a damned tough one. Steady too. And quick.

Mine (Triton) is not just an extra hand, it's a damned tough one. Steady too. And quick. --------------------
And it doesn't get sick or complain. Works cheap too.
On Tue, 24 Nov 2009 18:06:43 -0800 (PST), the infamous Hoosierpopi

I think they're becoming millionaires using the method "whatever the market will bear" instead of becoming billionaires by going the $50 route. All of us here would have them at $50.
I'm still amused at the "plywood jaw", as if you could do anything to a 4x8' piece of ply fixed onto a single 3-legger.
-- It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare; it is because we do not dare that they are difficult. -- Seneca

I have the Triton SuperJaws and paid $ 140-ish for it. It's very useful and we all use it often.
On Mon, 23 Nov 2009 16:24:45 -0800, the infamous "CW"

Huh? $400? Where?
I've seen both the Triton Superjaws and Rockwall Jawhorses for $170-180 everywhere. You're shopping at the wrong places, CW.
I haven't even seen one in the flesh (metal) yet, darnit.
I'm sure they're a licensed knockoff.
-- It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare; it is because we do not dare that they are difficult. -- Seneca

Not sure where you are looking but the Triton is way way waaaaay less than $400. More like $169 at Lee Valley.
http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.aspx?c=1&pU077&cat=1,43838
And that is cheaper tha what I see the Jawhorse for.
(Amazon.com product link shortened)

Make sure you choose US currency otherwise it shows Canadian $20 more.

It also shows no longer available...
"Dave Balderstone" wrote

I just can't help myself...
That isn't true. I saw some Canadian currency just the other day.
<rimshot> <slithers away>
On Nov 23, 6:02pm, Dave Balderstone

unfortunately, I understand Triton got bought out by some other company that went bankrupt not long ago. :-(
here's a thread from a Strine Wooddorking group.
Luigi
Leon wrote:

FWIW, there seems to be a Superjaws "MK II" version in existence but hard to find.
Googling I find that both the Triton and the Rockwell seem to work well but the Jawhorse opens an inch or so wider and weighs a few pounds more and has a wider range of accessories available.
Note that the "Rockwell" is the same company that also sells tools under the "Worx" brand name and is in no wise related to the company that built the Space Shuttle and at one time owned Delta--they don't even seem to have bought the brand name.
FWIW, the Jawhorse can be had from Sears at pretty much the same price as everyone else is charging, but they don't seem to be stocked in the stores.

Not in New Zealand. When I Googgled it, I guess I should have paid attention to where it was.

WW wrote:

This week Rockler has 25% off one item. $179 => $134.25

Now you tell me>>>>>>>>O well. WW