Is this a US-only group?

Jeeezus....

I quoted the whole thing so I wouldn't be accused of taking something out of context.

I am thinking you don't like Henry for some reason. His post seemed pretty innocuous, and (unless talking about GHWB) seem pretty mellow.

How did he piss in your oaties?

No, I'm no trying to be snide, funny or obtuse, here. I am just feeling like I missed something, just about the time the all the air left the room.

(as he backs carefully away from his monitor hoping not to get bitch slapped...)

Robert

Reply to
nailshooter41

Rotfl, yeah, you missed something. It's a kind of humour that 'Merkans just don't seem to get to see, much. That's why Hollywood does so much business remaking foreign films.

I was grinning all over when I read that post. Not to worry ... me, I don't get Carlin and Carrey and all that lot. (But I do get Jeff Foxworthy! We have rednecks here, too!)

-P.

Reply to
Peter Huebner

Lucas as in "The Prince Of Darkness"?

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

That's the great thing about this NG. With the exception of tool/ lumber outlets and some brand names, every other aspect of woodworking is the same and the language is truly international. I'm a bit of an odd resident, though. I'm a Yank from Boston but I've lived in the UK for the last 27 years. And when I really want to beat myself up, I go to the Amazon U.S. web site and look at all the wonderful CHEAP (with current ROE, even CHEAPER!) tools and curse whoever invented customs duties and shipping costs.

FoggyTown

Reply to
FoggyTown

What's Bunnings?

I plan to visit Oz and New Zealand one day, but I know there's far too many beautiful things to see to be shopping for tools.

Reply to
B A R R Y

Truly one of the most beautiful national anthems. ;^)

Reply to
B A R R Y

G'day Morris, Na, not really. I wasn't bitching about the US content, it's rather amusing some times seeing the big retailers getting a serve :) It was the other way around, just wishing there was a bit more Oz content, but as the say "Wish in one hand and sh*t in the other and see which fills first". ;) all the best John

Reply to
John B

G'day Lee, Very rarely do want what's on the other side of the fence. The devil you know is better than the devil you don't. ;)

regards John

Reply to
John B

Yep, There are some lookers here. As for the Beer, it must be an acquired taste, as don't find the Yankee stuff much good, but it sure is a lot better than the Pommy liquid with a beer label on it. Sheesh, if you don't like "Round-a-bouts", don't visit Kalgoorlie, I get dizzie just nicking down the street ;)

all the best John

Reply to
John B

Bunnings is a joke !!! It's a "Hardware Ware House" with nothing in it :) Probably similar to your Big Box stores. That's if your American.

Regards John

Reply to
John B

If you visit, ask us about "microbrew" before you head up. It may change your opinion of American beer!

Reply to
B A R R Y

Barry, Don't bother with them 2 hills the other side of the ditch, then again it'd be quiet as all the locals now live in OZ ;) "Except for the Sheep" regards John

Reply to
John B

It's only money - look what you get instead. ;-)

Reply to
Bob Martin

Love the Blue Collar Comedy Tours, End up with bloody sore guts every time I watch them.

John

Reply to
John B

Live/traveled throughout in Oz in my younger days when Yanks were a rarity ... found the beer good and the women truly friendly. :)

I'm basically color blind and the only time I've ever seen green was the North island of New Zealand (BTW, those little white specks on the sides of the mountains were sheep). A truly beautiful country, from North to South ... and the women were truly friendly.

Reply to
Swingman

There are other places to narrow yourself to your particular region.

is a pretty good one.

One nice thing about the US folks is we're used to - dare I say - kowtowing to minority interests. "For Spanish, press two." Al and Jesse are working on "for Ebonics press three...."

Reply to
George

It is sad but true that the US has a lot more people who can/do crafts of all sorts. For example: When we moved to Germany in 77 I brought along all my stained glass stuff thinking I could buy my precious hand- blown 'antique' style glass at the source- and cheaper than I had in California. I was turned away at the door and informed that only serious- guild related people could buy glass there. I had to make a trip to the States, and buy more glass, and haul it back to Germany! Just one more story: so far I've sold over 200 books, and sales in Canada and Australia have been a good part of that- but just one sale to Ireland- none in the rest of Europe. Best I can figure there just aren't very many woodworkers there- at least not those interested in small projects. One exception is for carvers- lots of wonderful carvers in England. Donna Menke

Reply to
Donna

I am/was a woodworker, but haven't done anything serious in years, but as a lurker, I still like to read about others' experiences. I, like you, give my location in my sig line. If others did the same in worldwide newsgroups, at least we/you would know where we're/you're coming from.

Reply to
willshak

Yes there is a Winery near here "Charleville Vineyard Brewery" they brew a nice assortment. Bit expensive though but mighty tasty.

Mark

Reply to
Markem

LOL. I could never figure out why British cars from the 50'and 60's wouldn't start when it rained....coming FROM a country where it almost always rains. (Last year, summer was on a Tuesday?) One day, as four Merlin engines (on a Lancaster) gurgled to a start, I almost peed my shorts with glee. Those Brits can do some cool engineering.

Reply to
Robatoy