Is lying about the reason for a war an impeachable offense?

In those days the Republicans were moderates and the Democrats were liberals (sort of). Well, if you go back to the Eisenhower era the Democrats were either liberals or Dixiecrats, who were only Democrats because they were still pissed at the Repubicans from back in the Civil War days and because the KKK never made it as a political party.

After the downfall of Nixon the Republicans party became conservative (sort of) and the Democrats became moderates.

I think that GWB is a lot more like Reagan than either to GHB. Consider how the Reagan administration botched up the deployment to Lebanon.

I think the big change to the Republican Party came between Nixon and Reagan. John Anderson (remember him?) tried to keep the Republicans in the middle but lost out. The Democrats have changed more slowly in response to the Republican change.

Reply to
Fred the Red Shirt

[snip]

So although he did vote in favor of that authorization, you're saying he did not vote to approve the war. Right?

You sure you're not a sock puppet for Sen. Kerry?

Doug Miller

We had that choice in 1996. Too bad the honest one was such a boob.

Doug Miller

I tend not to agree with to much you say but sure can't fault you on this one. You are seeing this situation strait.

Reply to
CW

I'll agree with that. I have never voted for a Democrat. Not that I wouldn't, just never saw one that was worth voting for. The republicans are starting to get unrecognizable though. This president is a serious disappointment.

Reply to
CW

Simple fact.

Reply to
CW

war : A state of open, armed, often prolonged conflict carried on between nations, states, or parties.

Sounds to me like what happened in Vietnam. Or it isn't a war to you unless some politicians somewhere say it is?

todd

Reply to
Todd Fatheree

Not really, in the big picture, you could argue quite well that things are going as could be expected with all the terrorists flushing themselves out. We were in Japan for 7 years before we could leave, and people said back then that creating a democracy could not be done there. Ever notice that virtually all the violence is constrained to the Suni Triangle, and even then mostly in Fallujia? What about the 25 million other people? When's the last time you heard of significant problems in Basra, which I think is the second largest city in the country?

dwhite

Reply to
Dan White

I see you're setting the bar pretty high there for electing our next president...leader of the free world. With that attitude it is no wonder we are getting what we deserve in politicians.

You keep saying it is vacation, but to anyone with an objective viewpoint, it is not. Why do you keep calling it vacation? It just isn't.

dwhite

Reply to
Dan White

No offense intended, but the quote above and the rest of this post is a complete load of crap, sorry, and is exactly the kind of obfuscation that is going to lose the election for Kerry. Kerry and practically everybody else gave the president the authority to act. The rest is splitting hairs and political maneuvering. Anybody who is really watching can see that Kerry's position on the war is complely, exclusively driven by the polls.

dwhite

Reply to
Dan White

It is irresponsible to call someone a liar when there are absolutely NO FACTS that substantiate that claim. Show me where it was concluded that Bush lied about anything. If you are talking about the war, then you have to say everyone in congress including Kerry (intelligence cmte, remember?) and lots of other people around the world were "lying."

dwhite

Reply to
Dan White

I actually agree with you on this one to a degree, but almost surely for completely different reasons. Thank you for starting to bottom post.

dwhite

Reply to
Dan White

What I said was quite clear the first time.

Quite sure.

I'm also sure that Bush IS a sock puppet for Cheney.

Reply to
Fred the Red Shirt

Is was an anomaly. Don't get used to it.

Reply to
CW

:> More to the point voters might prefer a liar over an honest candidate :> based on the policies they espouse. I say might, because it may :> never come to pass that voters have a choice between an honest and :> a dishonest candidate. :>

: It is irresponsible to call someone a liar when there are absolutely NO : FACTS that substantiate that claim. Show me where it was concluded that : Bush lied about anything.

His TANG service.

The nigerian yellowcake thing.

Links betwen Hussein and al-Quaeda ....

-- Andy Barss

Reply to
Andrew Barss

Yeah, there's *so* much evidence that the Dems had to cook up some phony papers to show it. And then Rather, the Dems' lapdog, just puts it right on the air. Anyone who scoffed at the notion that the mainstream press (CBS in particular) is liberal can just shut up now, I guess.

todd

Reply to
Todd Fatheree

Todd Fatheree wrote: :> : FACTS that substantiate that claim. Show me where it was concluded that :> : Bush lied about anything. :>

:> His TANG service.

: Yeah, there's *so* much evidence that the Dems had to cook up some phony : papers to show it.

I'm of the opinion that if these docs were forged, they originated in Karl Rove's lair of deceit.

And aside from their originality, I'd like to see a detailed exmination of the *content* of the memos.

-- Andy Barss

Reply to
Andrew Barss

FWIW, I used to work for a company whose CEO spent half his time skiing in Europe. And every time he came back he came back with millions of dollars worth of new business. He died. The company died shortly after. So was he working or vacationing? Or does it make a difference?

Reply to
J. Clarke

Excuse me? They're *forgeries*.

Doug Miller

Talk about obfuscation! If the source was in any way remotely connected to Rove, the White House or RNC, you don't think that CBS would have revealed that? Get real!

I must be missing something here. What logic is there to examining the content of a forged document. Find some authentic documents first, then ask for an examination/explanation of the content.

So if I forge a document that states that John Kerry self-inflicted three superficial wounds to get out of service in Vietnam, we should examine the content of the forged document? Right, I can just see it now.

Reply to
Al Reid