Is lying about the reason for a war an impeachable offense?

Page 12 of 13

LOL. You mean the way Clinton never had sexual relations with that woman? No, actually "reports" are that the Kerry Campaign SAYS they had nothing to do with it. The jury is still out and I have a feeling some enterprising reporter will get close to the truth eventually.
dwhite
Doesn't matter. There is no declaration of war.

On Wed, 8 Sep 2004 21:31:05 -0700, CW <> wrote:

Last I checked, Gulf War 1 never ended, it was just a cease fire. No? Hell, technically we could re-start Korea without a declaration, as that one also isn't over.
Dave Hinz wrote:

There was no declaration of war in Korea either. Remember the term "police action".     j4
jo4hn wrote:

But that was a _UN_ police action and thus all right. Of course the UN didn't finish _that_ job either.

--
--John
The last declaration of war was World War 2. We haven't had an official war since then.

<snip>
Heck, Kerry couldn't be bothered to attend Senate Intelligence committee meetings 3/4 of the time while he was a member, so why would he bother with reading the Iraq info? In fact, he was so concerned with intelligence that you know how many of the four meetings he attended in the year following the first WTC attack? That's right...none. I guess he feels it's better to be able to play dumb in case things go wrong "duhhhh....I was only going with what the President told me".
todd

IIUC there are two kinds of Senate Intelligence meetings. Closed door during whihc the Senators have access to classified information and open meetings which are dog and pony shows for the public. Kerry missed a lot of the dog and pony shows. His attendence record at the closed sessions is not publicly available.
--

FF

On 1 Oct 2004 22:05:24 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@spamcop.net (Fred the Red Shirt) wrote:

Slight quibble with your choice of words. Kerry *refuses* to make his attendance record at the closed sessions known. The chairman of the committee has indicated he will make the attendance record public, but [just as with his military records] Kerry must request that the chairman do so. As most engineering texts will say, "the conclusion is left to the reader".
(Fred the Red Shirt)

My only quibble with yours is that I've read more than a few engineering texts and do not recall reading that in any.
Do you nkow if GWB's discharge papers, equivalent to a DD218 or whatever it is, have been posted anywhere on the web?
--

FF

After last week's debate, I understand why some identify our president by using an nickname, "Shrub".
It would seem to fit.
Lew
On Tue, 05 Oct 2004 02:25:42 GMT, "Lew Hodgett"

What else would you call a small Bush?

Indubitably.
I turned off the debate when they started talking about "Making America Secure" as if they were interested...
I did love Kerry's statement about the totally uninspected cargo areas vs. the overly-inspected person/baggage area on any given passenger flight. One in 25 or 50 is frisked which means 24-49 in 50 _could_ be carrying weapons.
I couldn't carry my 1-1/2" pocket knife on board but waltzed right past all the security guards with a 9" sharpened weapon (a pencil) sticking out of my shirt pocket. One DHS guard's eyes were within 18" of my weapon at one point and he didn't say a word. Who's kidding whom about security on flights?
--
Strong like ox, smart like tractor.
----------------------------------

It's good to know you guys made your decision on, you know, things that matter.
"Dave Hinz" writes:

Interesting.
I made an observation, not a decision.
Lew
Statistics favor the tall in (presumably pre affirmative action) job interviews and presidents.
When you can't/won't think, you pretty much have to go on trivial things.
calmly ranted:

by
"George" wrote in message

This has been discussed before. Enter the CEO's with uncannily similar physical appearances, and you can also spot a congress critter by his coiffure ... no "haircuts" there.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/04/04

Actually, our representative (Jim Sensenbrenner) has pretty much that whole "regular guy" thing going on, no false pretenses. "Here's who I am, here's what I believe, and if you agree with me more than you disagree with me, I'd like to get your vote" kind of a guy. Definately "haircut" rather than "hairstyle" there. Not saying he's typical, though.
Guy has amazing memory. He comes to our Fireman's Picnic every year to talk to folks. I ran into him elsewhere, completely out of context, and he greeted me with "Hi Dave, how are things in (home town)?". I see the guy once a year, and he's got _that_ good of a memory. (No, I wasn't wearing a nametag or my home town on my jacket or anything).
So, they're not all fakey like the two trying to become pres & VP at the moment...
Dave Hinz
"Larry Jaques" writes:

<snip>
I'm glad I don't have to fly any more on a regular basis.
It's got to be a nightmare for the typical "Road Warrior" these days.
My boat yard is less than a mile from the Los Angeles/Long Beach port, largest container port on the left coast.
The port security just makes you all warm and fuzzy<G>.
Lew
On Tue, 05 Oct 2004 11:08:35 -0700, Larry Jaques

a bikini trim?
Mac
calmly ranted:

No, that's my favorite, a shavetail. Yum, no fur in the teeth!
--- - Friends don't let friends use FrontPage - http://diversify.com Dynamic Website Programming