Introduction

I've lurked here for quite a while and I'm enjoying the wealth of knowledge that is passed on here.
I live in central Alabama with my lovely wife, three kids, three goats, 40 chickens, 100 quail, 1 horse and too many dogs to keep track of.
I raise Pembroke Welsh Corgis and Treeing Walkers as a sideline.
I work at a sawmill in the finishing dept., in the past I have worked at a log home manufacture, a furniture plant that made oak tables, a veneer mill and a short stint as a catfish farmer and electricians helper.
Currently my main project is a 36X48 horse barn, the last rafters go up today.
I look forward to contributing where I can.
Basilisk
basilisk wrote:

Welcome to the wreck!
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

Howdy! Enjoy your stay. Btw.. OT stands for Off Topic and usually not worth reading, especially if I originated it. <G>
Now, about those Corgis. Any pics or a site?

Howdy! Enjoy your stay. Btw.. OT stands for Off Topic and usually not worth reading, especially if I originated it. <G>
Now, about those Corgis. Any pics or a site?
I do have a site.
http://www.welshpembrokecorgis.com /
Basilisk

SWMBO really loves Corgis. I prefer Labradorgies, or Corgadors. Dalmorgi, anyone?

Welcome aboard! Don't let all the off topic stuff or any of the local curmudgeons scare you off.
JP
Jay Pique wrote:

I considered breeding Corgis and bassets and calling them corsett hounds.
Basilisk
basilisk wrote:

Oh dear. I guess you'll fit in OK. Not that I consider that sort of thing humor or humour. Twitch.     jo4hn
basilisk wrote:

Central Alabama, huh? I am about 30 miles south of Montgomery and the e-mail address is valid.
Deb

Were a couple of hours apart, I'm about 20 miles south of Tuscaloosa, It's nice to know I have neighbors here.
Basilisk
basilisk wrote:

Do you turn, if so, do you know about the Alabama Woodturners?
Deb
Dr. Deb wrote:

I do some turning and enjoy it a lot, I've heard of the Alabama Woodturners but don't know anything about them.
Now that I think about it I haven't turned much since last Christmas when I finished out some vases for Christmas presents.
I have some Black willow roughed out for bowls, interesting wood with a dark brown heart, light colored sapwood and light in weight like poplar.
Basilisk