Intersting article on Mahogany harvesting

Yesterday I took my son to his guitar lesson and sat down to read a promotional rag from Taylor Guitars while I waited, drawn by the cover article, "Mahogany Futures". It's an article about how the company has secured a steady supply of Belizean mahogany for use in the making of necks for 70,000 guitars annually (about 12-15 good sized trees per year). While geared toward musicians, it had enough information about woodworking and the hardwood lumber trade to make for interesting reading. The whole magazine can be downloaded as a .pdf from Taylor's site:
http://www.taylorguitars.com/news/community/woodandsteel.html

Appreciated Ian!
I'm about halfway through my first big project using Mahogany (Honduran). What an absolutely joyful wood to work with.