Varnishing Mahogany

I have put Teak oil on my Mahogany door and facings/ window shelves, and was wondering if i can varnish on top of this to give it a more durable surface.

Regards

John

Reply to
John

tmbg

"Teak Oil" can be anything from pure tung oil to poly; so it is know. It might be prudent to wipe it down with acetone first.

Reply to
Toller

Give the oil at least two days to cure, then feel free to apply varnish. They are compatible.

Preston

Reply to
Preston Andreas