Installation begins ...

Page 2 of 2

https://picasaweb.google.com/111355467778981859077/OngoingShopProjects#5660447208179740578
Looks good.

Nice job. I noticed you used two layers of kerfed plywood. Any particular reason for that? Increased strength perhaps or you wanted the 1-1/2" thickness all the way round for design aesthetics?
You are starting to get the hang of this cabinet building thing. Nice.

On 10/6/2011 2:30 PM, Swingman wrote:

https://picasaweb.google.com/111355467778981859077/OngoingShopProjects#5660447208179740578
"Sorry, that page was not found"
Wha happen?
--
See Nad. See Nad go. Go Nad!
To reply, eat the taco.
On 10/9/2011 10:11 PM, Steve Turner wrote:

Sorry ... got into a, rain induced, shop photo organization/renaming frenzy on Picasa yesterday.
My previous links are probably equally dead. Try this:
https://picasaweb.google.com/111355467778981859077/EWoodShopSGCurvedWallDesk2011
Hell, I didn't think anybody still left here read this shit anyway ... ain't about lawyers or politics. I see some of the anonymous, who do nothing but opine by regurgitating google, are back and taking over.
--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
On 10/10/2011 8:45 AM, Swingman wrote:

https://picasaweb.google.com/111355467778981859077/EWoodShopSGCurvedWallDesk2011
This group ain't nuthin compared to the loons that took over alt.Crafts.metalworking!
It looks like George Carlin was right after all. They seem to think they have rights, and that their opinion matters. They don't - it doesn't. But as long as they have a way to spew it relieves their emotional stress, and they won't start thinking for themselves or asking pertinent questions
Back on topic, the desk is beautiful. A real piece of craftsmanship.
I'm curious though, does it come apart ins sections? SOmething like the exploded view?
Richard
On 10/10/2011 5:17 PM, Richard wrote:

Thanks!
One of the spec's of the project was that "...ALL components must fit through a standard 36" entry door".
So yes, it comes apart, into the sections, exactly like the exploded view with one exception ... the vertical piece of maple that holds the two desktop levels together when installed is glued, in a dado, to end of the lower desktop, and that assembly is then attached to the upper desktop with pockethole screws during installation (it is imperative that the two tops be capable of dis-assembly for shipping and installation).
This requirement is on of the things that made the desk a bitch to design and fabricate ... it would have been an easy "built-in", but was challenging as a shop built piece to that spec.
--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010