INSPIRATION - Ten Legged Chair

http://contraforma.com/_22_thing_img/146_1.jpg
I'd never make one of these myself; it's bad enough with a four legged chair, it'd drive me nuts if I needed to shim a lag to keep it from wobbling. I had a chair once that wobbled so bad I had to shim all four legs.
JOAT Democratic justice. One man, one rock.
J T wrote:

That is indeed a rocker. Cute. If you build one, I will come (and watch you go nuts).     twitch,     jo4hn
Tue, Nov 21, 2006, 7:42pm (EST-3) snipped-for-privacy@mahalo.charter.net (jo4hn) doth yearn for an invitation with: That is indeed a rocker. Cute. If you build one, I will come (and watch you go nuts)
No thanks, I'll pass. Tht's one reason I prefer rocking chairs, you don't have to shim them, if they rock you'd actually done it right. LOL But I'm sure there's someone else you can talk into making one. You can torment t hem..
JOAT Democratic justice. One man, one rock.
jo4hn wrote:

Brace the legs and cut the center legs longest and the front and back legs shortest and you would have a segmented rocker. Call it a massaging rocker. Rough on hardwood floors.
--
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA

...which is exactly what is pictured.
Kevin
J T wrote:

Hey ... it's only sitting on two legs at a time. The others are spares for folks who like to sit on the edge ot their chairs or lean back to refelct on a day well spent. ;-)
Bill