INSPIRATION - EGG CHAIR

http://www.eggchair.net/ The first one looks like no problem to make one about like it, if you make the back flat. The rest, probably a BIG lathe would help, turn a BIG wooden egg, then cut it in half, and hollow it out. No prob.
JOAT What we see depends mainly on what we look for. - Sir John Lubbock
Joat, A thought. How about when you come up with a series of links rather than publish each in an individual thread, create a thread JOAT INSPIRATIONS. Then each time add a subthread to that with the title and info in that link.
i.e. JOAT INSPIRATIONS EGG CHAIR Heart Saped Display stand............
You have Inspirations in bursts, so each time you have a new burst, start a new JOAT INSPIRATIONS thread with subthreads.
Phil
J T wrote:

Fri, Jul 9, 2004, 4:28pm (EDT-1) pminmo snipped-for-privacy@msn.com (Phil) whispers: Joat, A thought. How about when you come up with a series of links rather than publish each in an individual thread, <snip>
ROTFLMAO
Think again. Then check the archives.
By the way, it's JOAT, not Joat. It's an acronym, not a name.
Making a success of the job at hand is the best step toward the kind you want. - Bernard M. Baruch More likely, your boss gets a raise and/or promotion, from getting credit for your work. - JOAT

Well, I'll still mentally pronounce it as "jote", the (old) goat wrote a note versus "jay-oh-ay-tee." ;)
Fri, Jul 9, 2004, 10:53pm (EDT-3) snipped-for-privacy@easystreet.com (Fly-by-NightCC) says: Well, I'll still mentally pronounce it as "jote", the (old) goat wrote a note versus "jay-oh-ay-tee." ;)
Pronunciation is open to interpretation. The grand-dau pronounces it "Grandpa". LMAO
Making a success of the job at hand is the best step toward the kind you want. - Bernard M. Baruch More likely, your boss gets a raise and/or promotion, from getting credit for your work. - JOAT
On Fri, 09 Jul 2004 22:53:01 -0700, Fly-by-Night CC

Ditto for "fack" (FAQ), you alliterative Oregonian, you.
-------------------------------------------- -- I'm in touch with my Inner Curmudgeon. -- http://diversify.com Comprehensive Website Development ===========================================================

I guess that goes equally for swimbo, AyFayque and earrk, you vocabularious Grass Pantsitonian.
Oops, almost missed that one, saw it just as I punched the button.
The Heart Shaped Display Stand post was not an inspiration, it was a link to plans.
Making a success of the job at hand is the best step toward the kind you want. - Bernard M. Baruch More likely, your boss gets a raise and/or promotion, from getting credit for your work. - JOAT
On Fri, 9 Jul 2004 01:45:29 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) vaguely proposed a theory ......and in reply I say!:
Then buy yourself a new lathe with the price you get for the chair!

Sat, Jul 10, 2004, 3:12pm (EDT+12) snipped-for-privacy@dodo.com.au (OldNick) says: Then buy yourself a new lathe with the price you get for the chair!
Hardly. I post stuff like that to inspire the rest of you , not me. I wouldn't make anything like that myself. LOL
But, I figure something like that'd be pretty easy to make out of wood, if you just made the back flat, and either have a brad nailer, and aren't afraid to use it, or lots of clamps.
Anyway, if I had the space, and wanted a lathe (or two), I'd be thinking on making my own. I've got a wire welder, somewhere, a stick welder, at least two axles lying around, frame parts, transmission or two, etc. Plenty of raw material.