INFO - History of Box-Making in Poland

http://www.worldofboxes.com/craft/polish-box-history.htm
JOAT I smile because I know my God loves me. You on the other hand, he doesn't much like.
Yep, the ethnic Ukrainians of Podolia and Volhynia (Poles live up north) have been doing that for a while. I've got some turned stuff from Communist days cut like crystal is cut, on an abrasive wheel, as well as hand-carved.
The traditional designs are the same as used on pysanki, the Ukrainian Easter eggs.