Incra Miter Gauge question

The Incra Miter Gauge 2000 has an unusual screw at the pivot joining the top and bottom plates to the slider. It has a 3/8" shaft for maybe 1/4 of an inch and the rest is a 10-24 thread that screws into the slider. I want to adapt this gauge to a sliding table and need a longer screw like this. Is such a screw commercially available? I need the 3/8 thickness on top because that's the diameter of the holes in the two plates and I don't want to change the thread in the miter gauge.
Thank you!!!! Michael
Michael Losonsky wrote:

look at www.mscdirect.com for a shoulder head screw.
-Bruce