Incoming newbie

Hi all,
Just I've been lurking about for a few weeks now, just getting the lay of the land and soaking up some good info. I've been using some of the advice dispensed here to help me with some tool purchases - time will tell how that worked out :)
I'm just setting up shop and getting into 'flat' work. I've been doing a bit of turning the past few years. This past year I got a little more space and a nice kick start with a table saw birthday present from SWMBO (I think she likes it when I'm out in the gara^h^h^h^hshop). So far, I've been building some roll around shop cabinets and learning as I go. Looking forward to much more sawdust!
Dave
Incoming newbie - beware of converging parallel lines!

Dave:
Welcome to The Zoo - make that The Wreck. Quite a collection of interesting folks with a wealth of information AND opinions on all sorts of things.
If you haven't already found them, there are two other related woodworking groups to check out - alt.binaries.pictures.furniture and alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking.
If you like great writing, watch for Walt Akers and Tom Watson. Great reading.
If you haven't figured out how to do Goodle searches on "groups" you'll miss a lot of older posts full of answers to the first 200 most frequently asked questions.
If someone will post the link to the groups Anti-FAQ check it out. But don't be drinking anything (coffee, tea, coke etc...) as you go through it. The Crowbar section is a must read.
charlie b www.wood-workers.com/users/charlieb
Sighing softly............."another Dave."

I hadn't found alt.binaries.pictures.furniture yet - thanks for the tip!

Incoming -- duck and cover! Thanks for the warning
Frank