Impact Driver for hole sawing?

I've been seeing these pushed more and more for driving lag bolts and long fasteners into decking and framing material. Anyone here use them for hole sawing or drilling?
JP
I have a Makita 6216 impact driver that I love. It's ideal for driving fasteners into hard or difficult materials. Mine came with an accessory chuck that will let me mount a drill bit and I have on a few occasions. In general I found that I had too little control to operate a drill bit properly. The driver kicks in at inopportune moments on occasion.
RB
Jay Pique wrote:

I use my Makita with those hex-shank drill/chamfer combos. It works great. The impact mechanism doesn't turn on when drilling and chamfering because the hole is small. I would not try a larger drill bit or a hole saw. Besides, can you really get large bits and hole saws with hex shanks? In my opinion, this is an example of using the wrong tool for the job.

Used a Dewalt impact driver with a hole saw last week: a. the chuck will grab round bits. b. the arbor for the hole saws is hex c. impact feature didn't engage at all
One experience, fwiw.
rhg
AL wrote:

So it worked pretty well then? I'm just trying to see if I can double up capabilities on certain tools to (help) lower potential start-up costs for my own shop. Thanks.
JP

I have the Makita 14.4 impact driver. IIRC they are specifically not recommended for drilling (though a drill chuck can be inserted and used). For making holes, it's a 1/2" corded drill up to about 1.5" and a Hole Hawg with an auger bit or self-feeding bit for larger holes.