Ideas to create round on slender profile

I am going to make a slender (1 inch wide, 3/4 inch thick) frame for a clock. I have a couple of ineloquent ways to make the 1 inch round, but I am surprised at how tough this seems to be on the surface. I would like to do it on the router table, but I would like to use the bottom (flat) surface for reference. I would have to have an overhead router or a multi-router for that (I think). Maybe some of you can shake this out for me. Here is the sketch showing the round cross section.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v384/eganders/octagonclocksketch3.gif
Ideas anyone?

Yup. Put that profile on the edge of a board, and rip it off on the TS (turn it 90-degrees)

Only the standard ones. You bullnose and rip. May require a bit of extra thickness on the outfeed to support it properly, but 3M 77 and paper's cheap, if you don't want to use your jointer. If you don't have a bullnose, quarter round twice.
Overhead router still spins the bit vertically. No real gain. You'd need a horizontal router....

It took me a second to look at the minute details of clock-making. It's a 'hands on' kind of hobby, eh? I could get all wound up over that. The key is to have the time? On the face of it, that hobby could drive me cuckoo.
..somebody stop me...
"Robatoy" wrote in message

You'll eventually run down ...
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 12/13/05

Someone give him an escapement, or he'll just keep tocking and tocking and ...

ouch
Oleg Lego wrote:

I was all geared up to say *precisely* the same thing, but stopped when I saw your post. Since, I've only been right on it about twice a day.
er
--
email not valid

Way too many hours free time here. You need a hobby. Try woodworking.
P.S. the rout first, cut last on a wide board is of course the right approach.
"eganders" wrote in message

bullnose router bit:
http://routerbitworld.com/index.php/cPath/1430_1431_1558
The pictures should give you a couple of ideas to do it safely in a wider piece, then ripping to dimension.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 12/13/05