I was there and saw and heard it

that's pretty much what I told the second Louie, and his response was that I should have made sure my right arm was "free" to salute. At that point I knew I was dealing with a total moron and said nothing more.

dave

JG wrote:

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

The stats are on this site:

were awarded posthumously. 614 of 3459

Reply to
Bruce

Oh please, there are plenty of TRUE heroic stories out there that we could read to honor soldiers. We don't need some story about a guy trying to rub an officers face in the dirt that isn't true. I'm not trying to argue with the guy but I don't appreciate BS being passed off as fact. It sounded like BS too me the minute I read it and that is why I checked the facts. If I don't call it BS, you have 500 guys going to the office today telling an incorrect story.

Reply to
Bruce

first off, i must say that i think the medal winner sounds like he was being an ass. if i were a medal winner i would like to think i wouldnt have acted like that. i have no affiliation to the military though and i realize there is a heirchy there involving primal rituals that i really dont want to understand....

but ya. lets just toss the truth out in favor of the 'greater good'. hey, isnt that why we are in iraq in the first place?

randy

Reply to
xrongor

xrongor wrote: > lets just toss the truth out in favor of the 'greater good'. hey,

Don't even take this thread there!!!

"they" say my unit is not getting activated, but last drill weekend I got 7 shots, complete long form medical _and_ had my DNA record done.. But we aren't getting activated, nope, no sir... so "they" say.

At least I'm (personally) "Ineligible for Activation" for another 14 Months.....

Reply to
JG

JG responds:

Don't take that to the bank. There are a bunch of people on extended duty tours now who thought that they'd be home after a specific number of months, and there are a bunch of people at home who will be going back, though they were told that possibility was remote when all this started.

One way to defeat under and unemployment, a new draft law?

Charlie Self "The test and the use of man's education is that he finds pleasure in the exercise of his mind." Jacques Barzun

Reply to
Charlie Self

It's a medical waiver, in writing, counter-signed by a Lt. Col.

I know many of those folks. last month TWO people just from my shift at the Police Department just got activated. for one of them this will be his _4th_ trip over.

-- John G. in Memphis, TN Have a nice......... night.

JG

On Tue, 01 Jun 2004 19:26:15 GMT, JG stated wide-eyed, with arms akimbo:

Oh, SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURE you are. That's why you had to get the shots and have the DNA test.

They'll have you over there by next month, helping the Iraquis build spokshaves. Y'know, those weapons of lath construction.

Best of luck, Guntie.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

At least I can do my job from anywhere in the world, I don't _NEED_ to be 100 miles off the coast or even on shore. It's good to be a "super-geek"

Reply to
JG

Reply to
Mark L.

definitely a "moron". Miscreant is different. BUT: there are folks here who fit both descriptions! :)

(Glad to see somebody's got their sense of humor intact!)

dave

Mark L. wrote:

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

On Tue, 01 Jun 2004 21:16:17 GMT, JG stated wide-eyed, with arms akimbo:

Is that where they wave the paper at you and tell you it ain't worth the ink it was written in? (What the general wants, the general gets.) =:0

Ouch! And he doesn't glow in the dark yet? (Yes, I know that nearly

50% of the studies about DU say it won't hurt you, but the other half...)
Reply to
Larry Jaques

On Tue, 01 Jun 2004 21:21:03 GMT, JG stated wide-eyed, with arms akimbo:

That's good, and it reminds me of a sticker I saw today.

"Talk Nerdy To Me"

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Bay Area Dave wrote in news:3%%uc.63469$% snipped-for-privacy@newssvr29.news.prodigy.com:

Your first clue shoulda been the rank and the riot act.

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

Charlie,

Five of the double awards came during the time that the Navy Medal and the Army Medal were considered to be separate awards. If you read the citations, they were both awarded for the same action and would, today, be cause for only one award. Please be aware that I am not denigrating the recipients in any way. There are indeed 14 recipients who received two awards of the Medal for entirely separate actions. And, as you say, that is truly astonishing - and humbling.

You can read the citations at:

Tom Veatch Wichita, KS USA

Reply to
Tom Veatch