I've got a s**tload of jambs to undercut...

A loose poll...
I've got a pile of door jambs to cut during a large flooring installation. I typically hand cut or use a biscuit joiner to undercut my door jambs. Which would YOU choose:
A Bosch 1640 power flush cut saw.
A Crain door jamb saw (looks like a router)
Something else...
There's a lot of work here, I can easily spring three bills for a tool...
Thanks! Barry

I forgot to mention, a Fein Multimaster with a flush blade.

The Fein also does a whack of other jobs...and 'flush' is 'flush'..with a 1/2 mm gap. It is not as agressive as the rotary jobs, so it will take a little longer.
The specialy flush saws are cool...but very limited in use thereafter..

Yeah, a little slower than a dedicated tool but I bought a Multimaster kit last year and I use it as much as any one tool.

Can you use the 'Domino'? Ah, never mind. ;)

I'll bet Charlie is working out a method right now!
If a Domino would do this, there'd be no question...
B A R R Y wrote:

If I had a pile of jambs to cut I'd rent a jamb saw from Home Depot.
Something similar to: http://www.tools4flooring.com/crain-555-multiundercut-saw-p-279.html
The last I looked it was around $20-$30 for a four hour rental. I think you could cut a "pile" in four hours.
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

Oh, for chrissakes, Jack... B A R R Y needs another tool... don't take that away from him with all this 'making economic sense' sorta talk...geeeezz
oops..almost forgot..obligatory <G>
Robatoy wrote:

NO! Robatoy, YOU get it straight. Since when is "NEED" the operative word around here other than when describing a forthcoming purchase to SWMBO?
Keep it honest. He WANTS... <g>

Yup! I'm not too proud to admit it! <G>
I'm going for the Multimaster, as the job also includes a new oak staircase. The staircase is all oak, including risers and stringers, and I get to sand and finish it. The MM will be helpful getting into the corners.
Robatoy wrote:

What was I thinking! Lately my neighbor and I have been installing a number of laminate floors. I should have recommended that Barry purchase the jamb saw and then sell it when he's finished with the project... to me... cheap. ;-)
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

Great idea, but it's going to be difficult to do them all in a timely fashion. It's a multi-room remodel. I could remove the carpet around all of the doors, but there's a woman involved, so "environmental impact" needs to be reasonably minimized. <G>
As much as I hate big box stores, my local HD does have a very good tool rental. If I can't rent it, I usually try to buy specialty stuff used and kick it off to eBay later.
Barry,
We just cut a bunch of jambs in our new place with our Fein Multi Master. It does a nice clean quick job. You will find tons of other uses for it after your flooring job is done.
cm
www.vintagerailersforsale.com

Thanks, guys.
A Fein Multimaster would be handy to have around.

I have the Fein and it works great. Their vac is great too. I have 2 of those, one for each floor. Love 'em. Donna
Rent the jamb saw and do the job.... much quicker and cheaper than the Fein... The Fein is a great tool but waaay too slow for a metric ass load of door jambs.
Of course, there is "always" the classic hand jamb saw for really tight spots....